• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Quiz for new OPR Volunteers

Started by glennab, January 15, 2007, 11:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennab

Hi!

I noticed that we have many new members, and since our older "about you" threads probably got buried in the shuffle, I'd love to know something about our newbies: i.e. where you're located, where you heard about OPR, why you joined, what hardware and software you're using and anything else about yourself you'd want to share.  (In the past we've even posted photos of our work areas, our animal companions, the view from our windows, etc.)

More than anything, welcome!  You've become part of a most special group of world-spanning pros, doodlers and everything in between -- all with the biggest hearts you can imagine!  I can't think of a better place to be or better friends and tutors with whom to share a forum than we have in this workshop.

Best wishes to all of you!

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kjohnson

I couldn't find that About You link either.

glennab

Hi Keith

Was that a touché?

There isn't a specific "about you" thread, but if you go through the Tool Bar, you'll find topics where people have posted questions about what music others listen to when they're restoring, asking for photos of their work area, etc.  Just whenever anyone gets curious about the rest of the volunteers another question will pop up. Or scattered among other threads are photos of grandkids, kids, pets, a goat cart (thanks to Kenny!) and other interesting, if a tad off-the-subject, tidbits.

There's one thread about where we're all from, and I'm constantly blown away by the people around the world who have rallied to help the Katrina victims.

Anyway, I thought I'd start a new thread for our more recent volunteers to let us know a little about them.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

kjohnson

I was thinking of the link where everyone posted where they're from.

glennab

I'm mystified!  I've looked and looked (can't find a way to do a search).  I swear we had a thread in the Tool Bar called "Tell us where you're from", and I don't see it anywhere now.

I'll do some more checking at home.

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ausimax

HI Glenna,

Its called "Check it to tell us where your from".

http://www.oprworkshop.org/forum/index.php?topic=50.0

7 posts down from this one.

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

glennab

Hi Max

You're the best!  I was at work in the middle of total chaos while I was tracking this down, but I still can't believe I didn't spot it.  You youngsters and your eagle eyes never cease to amaze me!

So I guess we can continue posting on that one, or start a fresh one here for the Newbies.  Either way, I want to know more about our newest volunteers and encourage them to participate in the forum.

Hugz to all of you!

GG

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)