• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Battle plan assistance needed please

Started by THImages, March 23, 2016, 09:33:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THImages

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping to get some assistance on the best approach for this photo.  I think I may be in a little over my head on this one. I'm still working on the left side of the photo and I think it will come together eventually.  The middle to right side of the photo is where I'm at a loss though. There isn't very much to pull from on that side.  Any advice on how I should attack this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Tara

Tori803

This one isn't as scary as you might think. If you look at the blue channel you can make out the outline of the man's head so you'll be able to line things up. For the lower left side, you can probably use the Patch tool to fix the door frame; if that doesn't work you can copy a good section of the frame and paste it farther down. Just be sure to make sure the color is right.

For the right side, the good news is that there's not much detail to worry about. There's a wall and a cabinet. Use the Healing brush and Patch tool (and content-aware settings if you have them) as far as they will go. After that, copy and paste good parts over bad, make sure they line up properly. Don't forget that you can apply a mask to a layer where you've pasted a little section of cabinet (for example) and mask out areas that you don't need. Fix any signs of cloning with the healing brush.

That should get you started.  :up:
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

THImages

Thanks for the help Tori.  Much appreciated!