• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Photoshelter upload update

Started by Hannie, January 23, 2016, 07:17:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannie

Some volunteers who do not use the Photoshelter Desktop Loader will have noticed that the upload link is no longer available in the navigation of your account page.  Tess found an upload link that you can bookmark for future uploads:

http://www.photoshelter.com/usr/img-upload-org

Another option is to download the above mentioned Photoshelter Desktop Uploader:

https://support.photoshelter.com/hc/en-us/articles/203373570-PhotoShelter-Desktop-Uploader

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Or click on the "upload to Photoshelter" image to the left of the forum when logged in.
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Tess, that usually works best for me. Unless I have an enormous picture to upload, I don't usually need the Desktop Uploader.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Brian N

Do you know if Photobucket website is working?  I can't seem to load their web site to post some before and after pics for comment.

Tori803

It's been working for me. Did you log in first?
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Brian N

It's working now.  Must have been a temporary glitch.  Thank you.

Galem

I'm having problems uploading after being away for a long time.
I have the most recent upload app. but it is popping up a 'Photoshelter Upload' popup menu asking for a Photographer name. Do I need to put the OPR name in that spot - for instance Jonas?
The directions don't indicate I should do that... Attached is a screen shot.

Gayle Madden

Shadow

Welcome back. Have you tried the link under the text box Add image to post?

Galem

Not sure what you are asking. I see my screen shot is very small. I'll try to add it again.
The problem I'm having with the uploader app is that when I attempt to hit the Transfer Button, a second window comes up asking me for the Photographer's name. Do I enter one of your names there? Like Jonas or whoever the file is for?

Gayle Madden

Shadow

Sorry Galem ... misunderstood. (Click images for larger versions.)
I have the Photoshelter upload bookmarked ...
https://www.photoshelter.com/login?ref=%2Fusr%2Fimg-upload-org

It takes you to this screen:

Log in and it takes you to this screen. I usually Title my upload with the distributor/image name.

This will Hopefully get your image uploaded and maybe someone who uses what you use will see your post and lend a hand.

Galem

Thank you - this answers it for me. I will prefer not to use the app - it seem more confusing to me. Instead will stick with the link you provided.
What I had not done before was add the distributor's name in front of the image title so it was not as easy for the distributor to find.
I'm good now, thank you very much.
Gayle
::)
Gayle Madden

Hannie

Shadow, thanks for clearing this up!  :hug:
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]