• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Community and Tess Review Please

Started by Galem, December 28, 2015, 01:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galem

Hi, please give me all your comments, but please address skin tone on this very cute young lady. Also please comment on her left (right photo side) grin crease. And I'm not happy with the collar yet. This is a 11x14 image originally.
But, my concerns on the color adjustments are as follows. The original had a very strong blue channel (as often happens per another thread on this forum). I used a technique in Photoshop Restoration and Retouching by Eismann that suggests screening that channel back, and then adding some of its info into the other two channels with the Image>Apply Image command. When I did that I got a more yellow/coffee skin tone. Using an RGB overall adjustment it becomes slightly brownish/redder.  The dress and background shift differently too, when making adjustments with different methods. Their is a wide variety of skin tones for African Americans so I don't know which way is more accurate.
Thank you in advance for taking the time to look.
Gayle

Gayle Madden

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Galem

Tori
Thank you, I'll take a look at the midtone African American pallet and try to make a guess at what the original photo contained.
Gayle
Gayle Madden

kiska

I think the girl's neck is too thick. Also, the edges you've created seem too sharp. It's a toughie.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Galem

Gayle Madden