• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Review and ideas needed

Started by timruf, December 11, 2015, 07:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timruf

Hello everyone,

Working on my first restoration for OPR and would appreciate and feedback and ideas on this one.

The original from OPR:

and then there is my version 1 of the restoration:

As you can see from the first photo, the background was really chewed up and did not give me much to work with. I had cloned the spot down on the lower right and took that up to the top, but it looked like he was against a flat background. He was not, the photo was taken in a corner. So, I drew two gradients, and then formed them to create the illusion of a corner, I then added a wood grain texture as that shows up under the window.

Does this need more repair? Any ideas?

Thank you!

kiska

The outer edge of the man's hair seems much sharper than the rest of the image.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Congratulations on your first OPR restore Timruf.  And a great job you did!  :up2:
Very smart of you to use gradients for the walls. 
Kiska's tip will be the icing on the cake.

I have another sneaky tip for you to show the corner of the wall:  make a rectangular selection for the wall on the left side.  A Curves adjustment to lighten that part of the wall slightly, then mask out the bottom part (chair, floor etc.).  With the opacity slider you can make it darker or lighter.

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

timruf

Thanks for the ideas and thoughts. I have made alterations to the photo and am now ready to return it for inspection and so on... but, alas I hit a wall.. how to return it... I found this article.

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,270.0.html

but that does not seem to be working.... help?

Hannie

Timruf, the topic for uploading that you are referring to is quite old.  There have been a lot of Photoshelter changes since. 

When you follow this link

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/board,25.0.html

you will find a list of stickies that are more up to date.  The top one will show you how to upload to Photoshelter.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

timruf

Candice

Candice