• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Advice please

Started by WMB27, December 10, 2015, 08:10:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WMB27

Hi everyone

When I requested this photo I thought I had probably bitten off more than I could chew & now after seeing it up close I realise I definitely have! I really am stumped on how to approach this one as I can't see much detail in the channels. Can anyone offer me some advice please?

Thank you
Wendy

I'm hoping this is the correct link to the photo, if not please bear with me  ;)

Mhayes

Hi Wendy,

It is sometimes confusing with Photobucket until you use it for awhile and then when you're comfortable--it will change again. Okay, maybe not that bad. When you copied your link, you need to pick the 4th one down (last) that says IMG Code. When you click on that it will change to yellow and say saved. That means you have the right link and when you come back to the Forum, you can right click and hit "paste" and it will show your work.

All of us at one time have picked photos that we felt the same as you. If you feel that this is more than you want to tackle, contact your distributor and ask that it be put back out in the gallery. You don't have to upload back as we have the original. It is no problem as we do it all the time.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

WMB27

Thank you Margie, I thought I'd copied the correct link but obviously not  :)

As I was lying awake all night thinking about this photo I think I will request it be returned to the gallery & look for another to work on; sometimes its hard to see the extent of the damage fully when choosing one to work on.

Wendy

Tori803

Hi Wendy,

It's perfectly fine to return a photo - we've all 'bitten off more than we could chew' at some time! Just keep checking in on the PhotoShelter galleries every few days and wait for one that looks more do-able.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Wendy,

Quote. . . sometimes its hard to see the extent of the damage fully when choosing one to work on.

That occurrence has been documented so many times by volunteers that they swear the distributors practice a "bait & switch." You can hear the agony in their words when they say the photo looked so much better in the gallery.  >:D

Margie

P.S. I have return more than 1 photo when it just didn't work out. No problem.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

WMB27

Thank you Tori & Margie for making me feel better; I'm glad it's not just me!! Yes I'll keep checking  :)