• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Please review BabyK

Started by battleaxe, November 11, 2015, 03:14:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

]

Okay this is still a very rough copy.  Did a lot of borrowing from other pictures to borrow arms, and texture for legs.  I blurred,noise and scratch removal the face as much as possible so as to not loose detail.  I cloned, cut and pasted the dress pattern from what was on the dress following what I could partially recover.   
Any ideas of how to improve this pic?   Thanks in advance. 
I will have to change both hand positions (tried the original positions but it looked so fake. It bothered me so I did it this way temporarily), and modify her left side where I think there is a blush white toy she is holding.
I think I am more concerned with the face area and overall colouring,

battleaxe

Okay.... I realize looking at the pic I had to start over.  Here is the new pic.  Still has spots all over that I am having trouble getting rid of without making it look plastic, but I think this is closer to the original.  Please review.    Also How much time do I have left on this one.... had it for a month now....was sick and then did a major upgrading of my computer.  What is the time limit for photo restoration?

LOL   Just noticed my green boots and socks.  I would have sworn they were white! :)

lurch

<C>

battleaxe

I think I have gone as far as I can.  Most of my other tries look weird or plastic.

Mhayes

BA, I think you have done a great job. A couple of things would help even more and that would be clean up the dress and face of the gray and black that makes the photo look dirty. The other thing and I know this is hard but the baby's arm on your right would not be that short and to get rid of whatever the white thing is below her hand. In the original I believe that is damage.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Sharon

I too need help on a photo restoration.  How do I insert a low resolution of my photo here?

Mhayes

Sharon,

As a returning volunteer I wonder if you have ever looked through the section on the Forum called "The New Volunteer Welcome Center?" This section explains how to post your photo: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/board,36.0.html

There is a lot of super information within that section. If you still have questions, start a new post in that section and we will be happy to help you. There are lots of screen shots that make it even easier.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]