• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Paratrooper

Started by Candice, October 27, 2015, 05:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

I have two question on this. 
1.  What color is the braiding on the cover?  There can be different colors and each one has a significance.  I'm leaning towards gold.
2.  What color is the paratrooper patch?  I've shared 3.  Again each one has a different meaning.  I'm leaning towards the red. 
A call to the owner might be needed for these answers. 

What think ye?  Thoughts and comments appreciated. 

As for the rest, I'm still working on the coloration and having so much fun!!

Candice

Mhayes

Candice, great job so far. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I have called the owner and left a voice message and sent an email message. I will let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Mhayes on October 27, 2015, 09:52:23 PM
Candice, great job so far. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I have called the owner and left a voice message and sent an email message. I will let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Margie

I appreciate all you do, Margie.  Beeeeeeeeeeppp  This is a recording!!
Candice

Mhayes

Ha, ha! I did get a reply, but you will have to wait a little longer to see if the daughter knows the answer. Turns out it was the niece that brought the photos in. One thing I love is getting to meet people at copy runs and also a chance to touch base with them later about their photos. Here is the reply I received.

QuoteHi Margie,

Thanks so much for the work y'all are putting into this.  It is very much appreciated.  The good looking guy is my Uncle Lou.  He lied about his age and joined the army at 16.  I'm not sure about the color on the braid or his paratrooper patch.  He's no longer with us, but I can try to contact his daughter and see if she has this information.  Do I have time to do that? The photo looks incredible!

Glad I made you smile with my email. (this was in reference to her unique email address)
Cheryl

I think this will make you smile as well.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

It did make me smile.  Thank you for getting in touch with the family.   :hug:   I thought I'd play with the red patch so here is where Lou stands.  Thought I'd try to get this far so that you could share it with, Cheryl. 

Candice

Mhayes

Candice, I got this email today and it looks like it should be the blue/white patch and the braiding blue. Thanks for making sure we got the right one.

QuoteHi Margie,

I just heard back from my cousin.  She said that her Dad would have been "tickled" to be referred to as a good-looking guy!  She said she has a tinted version of this photo and the braid is blue and the badge is light blue with a white parachute.

Again, thanks so much for the care that y'all take with our precious memories.

Cheryl

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Mhayes on October 28, 2015, 10:08:10 PM
Candice, I got this email today and it looks like it should be the blue/white patch and the braiding blue. Thanks for making sure we got the right one.

QuoteHi Margie,

I just heard back from my cousin.  She said that her Dad would have been "tickled" to be referred to as a good-looking guy!  She said she has a tinted version of this photo and the braid is blue and the badge is light blue with a white parachute.

Again, thanks so much for the care that y'all take with our precious memories.

Cheryl

Margie

Excellent!!  That's what I needed to know.    I'll make the changes right now.  Thank you so very much, Margie!!

Candice