• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Reviews Please

Started by Brian N, October 25, 2015, 02:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian N

Nearing an end?  Please let me know what you think.  Photo size should be 4"x5".  Brian.

Mhayes

Brian,

I think you have done a great job, especially where the tape damage is at. Only improvements that I can see are really small nit pics and I doubt the family would even notice. On your left hand side there is a weird shape 3/4 of the way down the curtain that may or may not be damage. It catches my eye and think it would look better out. When you do things like curtains, I found it easier to use the lasso tool and capture parts that are good and move them into place. You can then transform and manipulate them to how you want it to look. Then do a layer mask and brush int the parts to blend. You did a great job on the woman's dress and you really had no pattern to finish out the bottom. I'm really fine with what you have done, but for fun I used the lasso and around some good pattern and then added below and reduced the opacity. Just a thought.

I tried downloading your version from Photobucket and it wouldn't let me, so this is done from a screen print instead. My version on the curtain needs some smoothing out.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Brian N

Thanks Margie.  I'll iron out the curtain and upload.

Brian.

Candice

Great restore, Brian.  My daughter was commenting on how young men and women in the 40s dressed well.  This picture shows just that!
Candice