• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Howdy folks! Hawaii was pretty cool.

Started by John, January 13, 2007, 12:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

If anyone ever has the chance to go to Hawaii... do not pass it up!   I think my post Hawaii depression was somewhat mitigated by the balmy weather we've been having in upstate NY.

Anyway, here are a couple of pictures...

you can see more here: www.flickr.com/photos/jcmb

kiska

John, some great shots!!!! Could I do a digital painting of one???? If it's ok, how do you want the original photo copyright to read???
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Kenny

Im so jealous :P  Nice pictures, John!

I don't do digital painting, so here's a 'shop of Surfer John:

/yes, I'm bored

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Hey John -- Welcome back.  You got some great shots!  I hope you had a wonderful time over there.  It's got to be one of the most beautiful places in the world.  Must be difficult to get back to reality!

GG

P.S. For heaven's sake, SOMEBODY please find something for Kenny to do!  I hate to think of the images he's going to create of all of us if we don't get him busy, QUICK!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

OPRAng

Kenny,

I am still laughing out loud!!! That was terrific!!!!

Angela

Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

Ratz

Well done Kenny!! :crazy:

John, your trip must have been incredible.You got some really nice shots, love the sunsets!
The u2 concert pics are great, you must have photographed just about every second of the show.
I'll bet it's hard to come back to reality after being in such a beautiful place.
Welcome back :up:

Vicki.

John

Quote from: Kenny on January 13, 2007, 02:48:06 PM
Im so jealous :P  Nice pictures, John!

I don't do digital painting, so here's a 'shop of Surfer John:

/yes, I'm bored

LOL!

Sorry for the late reply, that is freaking hilarious.

John

Quote from: kiska on January 13, 2007, 01:02:24 PM
John, some great shots!!!! Could I do a digital painting of one???? If it's ok, how do you want the original photo copyright to read???

Wow, Kiska, I'm flattered.  Let me know which one you want to work with and I can email you an original.  Also would love to see the final result.  And if you want to sell it, I want 10%!   :funny:

John

Quote from: Ratz on January 14, 2007, 06:15:21 PM
Well done Kenny!! :crazy:

John, your trip must have been incredible.You got some really nice shots, love the sunsets!
The u2 concert pics are great, you must have photographed just about every second of the show.
I'll bet it's hard to come back to reality after being in such a beautiful place.
Welcome back :up:

Vicki.

Yes, I might have been a little shutter happy during the U2 show, but it was worth it.  Luckily my camera is small enough where I could still enjoy the show while still getting a few shots.   It's amazing how much technology is changing the concert experience.  It's becoming more of a photo op of sorts than it used to be.

Dave

John,

I just had a chance to look at your pictures and I've come to the conclusion that we're paying you too much.

Dave
Dave Ellis
OPR Founder
[email protected]

kiska

Here ya go, John C.

This one is semi-normal.

And this one is REAL funky.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

John

Quote from: kiska on January 25, 2007, 12:46:39 PM
Here ya go, John C.

This one is semi-normal.

And this one is REAL funky.

Kiska- those are pretty cool.  Are you using CS2 to do those?

John

Quote from: OPRDave on January 25, 2007, 10:33:48 AM
John,

I just had a chance to look at your pictures and I've come to the conclusion that we're paying you too much.

Dave

my boss at work said the same thing... then I reminded him that I was only going for a week.... week being singular..

well, I thought it was humorous... :-\

John

Kiska... any chance you could work on one of the better ocean shots?

kiska

John, thanks. Pick out a couple of pics you like and  link them. I'll see what I can do.

I use cs to prepare and tweak the paintings but the 'paint' software is called Studio Artist. Mac only, right now.

http://www.synthetik.com/
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro