• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help

Started by Pearl, March 04, 2015, 12:59:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pearl

Hi,
I just wondering if somebody know where was this picture taking place or the name of the cartoon or the turtle?
Thank You

Pearl

Hi,
Does anybody know the 2 characters standing beside the kid?

Bambi

Margie, can we contact the family to see where this is?

Mhayes

Pearl and Bambi, I will send a copy and ask the family and then let you know.

In the future, anyone needing me to contact the family--please give the name on the extension. This time I was able to guess, but other times it would save me some time.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mhayes

Pearl,

I sent an email out last night and have not a reply back. I called and no one answered, so I left a voice message and asked that she review the photo and let me know the location. As soon as I hear back I will let you know. Sorry for the delay.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

This reminds me of another photo we had some years back with domes and rock sculptures?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Mhayes

Tess, I'm thinking that one was in the US and this one wasn't. I got an email back with this:
"This picture is a amusement park in Germany." That is no help since I don't know the name or location. I sent back another email asking for more information.

Jonas, any ideas?

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Jonas.Wendorf

Unfortunately no. I've also tried reverse searching for a crop of the man in the back with Google images and TinEye, but without any luck.
Best regards,
Jonas

Mhayes

Thanks Jonas for checking. I went online and tried looking through amusement parks in Germany--kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack--with no luck. Pearl and Bambi, until I get some information back from the owner or find a link that will help us---stop for the time being and work another photo. This maybe a case where the amusement park no longer exist or that display is no longer in existence. The other option is to have the photo with only the dome, statue, and boy. I'm afraid that the photo is too small to crop the rest out.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

I tried too and came up blank. It's possible the amusement park is no longer even open?
Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Hannie

Tess, I think you are right, or at least the caveman figures are replaced (outdated)
(I also did an image search but noticed that even with fairly often used images the search gave 0 results)

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Tori803

Margie is having computer problems but wanted you to know she checked with the family and they just can't remember where the photo was taken since it was long ago.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge