• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Newbie from Virginia

Started by Bshaw, February 06, 2015, 06:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bshaw

I'm one of the latest additions to the OPR volunteer team.  Photo restoration for charity is such a great idea!  While restoration isn't totally new to me, most of my photo editing background is geared towards compensating my poor photography skills, so I'm sure you'll see me in the forums with some restoration woes along the way :)  Many thanks for including me in the cause.  I can't wait to get started!

-Ben

Pat

Hi Ben and a big welcome from Michigan.  It's nice to have you join us.  Don't be concerned about restoration woes, we all have them and the forum is a great place to hash out the best ways to tackle them.  Looking forward to working with you.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Ben, welcome from Kansas. Nothing would please us more than to see you again on the Forum. We have a great bunch of volunteers that love to help and also pick up tips from others. Plus, we have fun along the way.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Welcome Ben. We're glad to have you. The best advice I can give is to work non-destructively as much as possible (layers and masks), save your work often, and try out the suggestions offered on the Forum. I've discovered and re-discovered many great techniques here!
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Bambi

:cool: Welcome from Las Vegas. Hope to see your work  on Forum. Everything I know about restoration, I learned on Forum. OPR volunteers are the best of the best.

Bambi

Mike S.

Another warm welcome from Michigan Ben,

Nice to see you on the Forum and hope to see more of you here.

Mike
Mike S.

Sillymilly

hi ben, welcome from switzerland! im a newbie myself, finished my first edit a lil while ago. if ur stuck, dont hesitate to post your work in progress in the forum, ull receive lots of useful tips and support. i have found it to be a lil confusing with all the needed registrations but it was really worth the effort and i got a lot of help to improve my restore. have a great start here!  :)

sandra

Hannie

Welcome to the forum Ben, great to have you on board!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bshaw

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!  My first restoration went pretty smoothly.  The only issue I had was that my blue channel seemed crazy noisy.  I'm hoping it was just because the shot I was working with was fairly high key (baby in a white bath tub with white bubbles on his face) and that future blue channel layers aren't quite as noisy.  Either way, I was able to work through it and I'm off and running on restoration number two. 

Thanks again,
-Ben