• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Comments please...

Started by Brian N, February 08, 2015, 03:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian N

Appreciate any comments on this one.  I was hoping for an easier effort with some creative channel mixing or luminosity masking but things didn't work as I hoped.  Ended up spending a lot time cloning.  You can see cloning artifacts if you zoom in beyond 100% and brighten things up - particularly in the dark blue areas but I think at normal zoom and the print size will make them "not worth the effort" to clean up.  The hair was also challenging and I ended up using a mixer brush - slightly softened things a bit but again at normal print size I don't think it'll be a problem.

But appreciate any comments, suggestions or additional work needed.

Brian

Bambi

Looks very good to me, Brian. A tip to avoid clone repeats in the future: Try using the Patch Tool set to Normal (not Content-Aware) and click Destination. It does not leave blurry outlines and is great for smoothing cloned and patched areas.

Bambi

Hannie

Beautiful repairs Brian!
Baby's right eyebrow could be just a little bit lighter?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

Brian N

Thanks all for the suggestions and comments.  I'll spend a little more time fixing some cloning artifacts with Bambi suggestions and fixing eyebrow as Hannie commented.

Brian

Mhayes

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

weewood

David J. Davis

Windows 10 Pro, Photoshop CC 2018, Intel i7 4770K 3.5GHZ, Nivida GeForce GTX 1070