• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need some ideas

Started by MikeG, November 11, 2014, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeG

Here is an image I'm currently working on. The major problem is an out of focus condition. This could be present in the original or some could be due to water damage. It almost looks like motion blur but I don't think it is.  I know that any sharping is a no no, but I did do one using a little bit of high pass filter and it improved it. The one submitted hear has no high pass filter or any other sharping. Any ideas? I know the shadow areas still need a little tweaking.

After image

Before image

Hannie

Nice restore Mike!
On the matter of sharpening, the OPR editor will add any sharpening that is needed just before the photos are sent to the printer.  We advise our volunteer not to sharpen, even though the Original is very blurry.  It would be great if you could upload both both versions (blurry and sharpened) to your distributor.

One small pick, it seems to me that the area in the background just over the houses could be just a tad darker?  (in my example I darkened it too much)

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Bambi

Looks great, Mike! The original is not sharp. If you try to sharpen a blurry picture, all you do is introduce artifacts and degrade the integrity of the digital file.

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,4403.0.html

Bambi