• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Baby sitting on bee hive?

Started by PhotoBob, August 08, 2014, 03:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhotoBob

OK, I'm not sure what she's sitting on, but it sure makes you wonder...  :)  It's a fascinating photo that I'm sure has a great story. That's why I love restoring the really old photos the best. Usually I have to make up the "story" as I'm working on it - I can be creative when necessary!

This is a very small photo. Working on it reminded me of that MineCraft game where everything is a block. I have a "MineCraft" tip for my Wacom pen so it all worked out.  I'm having an internal debate with myself if it needs to be lightened a little, or may it needs more contrast???  What do you all think? Thanks for your help.

Bob

Original:

WIP:

PhotoBob
"Every cat should come with his own instruction manual."  -- BP Collin

lurch

It doesn't need to be lightened, and the contrast is about right. I'd say it was done.
<C>

PhotoBob

Thanks Lurch, that's probably why I was debating - it's right where it needs to be.
PhotoBob

Pat

Nice job Bob.

My guess is this little gal is sitting on top of an old fashion rabbit hutch.  They were comprised of two "rooms."  The "bedroom" would have wood walls and ceiling while the main room would be larger with a wood ceiling and chicken wire walls.  They were often set out in a back garden.

No quite as exciting as sitting on a bee hive  :)

Pat  
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

PhotoBob

Thank goodness I was wrong Pat! I did a little research and that's exactly what it looks like, a rabbit hutch. Is it too late to add a pair of ears sticking out of the hutch?

Thanks Pat!
PhotoBob

Candice

This has been fun to read!   lol
Candice