• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

New Member From Indiana

Started by Riverrat Matt, June 10, 2014, 06:01:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverrat Matt

Hi everyone, I recently have become more interested in photo restoration and want to start restoring photos professionally. I hope to learn some new technique and time savers here at OPR. I have degrees in graphic design and fine art...I use Photoshop and a Wacom tablet for restoration. I love photography, antiques, and fixing things...looking forward to volunteering my talent to help and encourage others in their time of great loss and devastation.

Matthew Condon
Riverrat Matt
Matthew Condon
Riverrat Matt

Mhayes

Hi Riverrat Matt, great to have you on board and you will enjoy putting your talents to good use. Do not get discouraged as right now we are about dead in the water with few photos left to restore. It is always a balancing act to have enough photos between disasters to restore in a timely fashion. This time we have several areas hit by disasters that we are hoping to help, but it means waiting until the time is right to have a copy run. Usually the quickest we can come in to an area to help is around 6 weeks and depending on how bad the disaster, it might be a lot longer. Be patient and when we get our next batch of photos to restore--you will have plenty to choose from.

Keep checking the forum for news and hope to see you on it again.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Pat

Hi Matt and a warm welcome from Michigan!  It's great to see you on the forum.

Now is a good time while we are between copy runs to review some past posts to get a feel for how things work around here.  Don't hesitate to ask questions.

We all love sharing tips and suggestions for restoring storm damages photos.  Posting your work in progress for fresh eyes to take a look before uploading or for suggestions when you become stumped is the best way to increase your skill level.  Looking forward to seeing more of you on the forum.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Candice

Welcome from Oklahoma.  OPR is filled with great people and  :) faces.  We look forward to getting to know you.   
Candice

Mike S.

Another warm welcome from Michigan Matt,

Feel free to ask questions on the Forum and ask for help.

Mike

Mike S.

Tori803

Hi Matt, and welcome from Minnesota! Like Margie says, not a lot to do right now, but it's a good time to review some of the tutorials and older posts. There's a wealth of experience collected there!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

jesterjeni

I am from Indiana too! welcome - and prepare to be amazed at the artistry here!

Riverrat Matt

jesterjent: Thanks, where at in Indiana are you. Do you do restoration work professionally?
Matthew Condon
Riverrat Matt

jesterjeni

Elkhart Indiana, and I do a lot of Freelance work. so I guess that's semi-professional

Riverrat Matt

I'm south of Indianapolis in Trafalgar.
Matthew Condon
Riverrat Matt

jesterjeni

I have a sister in Elizabeth  town.