• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Going Navy

Started by Candice, May 19, 2014, 12:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

I must say, you've outdone yourself with the grunge machine on this one!  LOL  :D

ORIG

WIP

Candice

Mhayes

We aim to please.  :halo:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

:funny: Wait!! What did you say?  :knuppel:
Candice

Jonas.Wendorf

Hi Candy,

nice WIP so far :-).
I can see two issues with it that needs to be fixed though. The first is the top of the tower in the background. It seems like you cloned parts of the sky over it so it now has some soft edges.
Also the coffee stain in the middle of the image needs to be removed.
Applying the green or red channel in "Luminosity" mode and fixing the color on another layer should help a bit though.
Best regards,
Jonas

Candice

Jonas, you just saw the first rendition of sharing.  Things will be tended to in time.  I have a long way to go and intend on taking my time on this picture.  I think you'll be pleased in the end. 
Candice

Jonas.Wendorf

Candy,

I had expected you had already fixed the issues I mentioned since they were very obvious. I'm looking forward to your final rendition then :-)!
Best regards,
Jonas

Candice

Update.  :)  I know there are a few more spots to work on however, if you see anything major please let me know. 

ORIG

WIP

Candice

Mhayes

Candice, good clean up on the yellow streak and other spots. When you look at this compared to the original it is nice to see it brighter, but it looks too bright. This is an overcast day and yes, with color correction it will lighten and brighten up. I liked your your 1st WIP best for looking spot on for that kind of overcast day. On your 1st WIP the shadows were right, now everything looks like there's a spotlight on them. The color of the red circle in the middle looks blown out and more orange. I tried to zoom in, but at 72 dpi it distorts too much if I went over 100%. I'm not sure but around the circle it looked like there was pink around the sailors legs. The second girl to the your left of the red circle now looks like her features are blown out whereas before I could see that was the sun on her face, maybe it is now but doesn't look like.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Mhayes on May 27, 2014, 11:11:22 PM
Candice, good clean up on the yellow streak and other spots. When you look at this compared to the original it is nice to see it brighter, but it looks too bright. This is an overcast day and yes, with color correction it will lighten and brighten up. I liked your your 1st WIP best for looking spot on for that kind of overcast day. On your 1st WIP the shadows were right, now everything looks like there's a spotlight on them. The color of the red circle in the middle looks blown out and more orange. I tried to zoom in, but at 72 dpi it distorts too much if I went over 100%. I'm not sure but around the circle it looked like there was pink around the sailors legs. The second girl to the your left of the red circle now looks like her features are blown out whereas before I could see that was the sun on her face, maybe it is now but doesn't look like.

Margie

I concur, Margie.  Once I backed away from working on it for a day or so, I could see what you were talking about Margie so I'm reworking it right now.   

What I am posting today, is what I've done so far.  That is primarily the two bottom rows of gals and the skyline. 

Let me know if I'm on the right track and if so, I'll continue to bring it to a conclusion.

Thanks
Candice

Mhayes

Candice, except compare your first WIP and notice the three girls in the center, the background behind, and the circle needs to be closer to your first post and darker. Other than that it is looking good.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Quote from: Mhayes on May 31, 2014, 01:13:53 PM
Candice, except compare your first WIP and notice the three girls in the center, the background behind, and the circle needs to be closer to your first post and darker. Other than that it is looking good.

Margie

It would have helped if I had posted the link to the one I was speaking about.  And look only towards the two bottom rows for clean up.  Look over all of it for coloration.  The picture over all is coming closer to what you first had to say about the 'overcast' day.    ::)

Candice

Mhayes

Candice, for me the whole photo has a greenish cast and even the pants of the sailor six from your left on the top row has a green cast. Yes, it is an overcast day, but it shouldn't give an overcast color, but rather the degree the overcast is of brightness. On your first WIP, I click on a Levels Adjustment to see each of the channels to see if there was clipping, but the red and green channel were good with the information being between the sliders. The blue channel needed to have the slider on both sides brought in to touch where the info started. The blue channel was not off by much, but bringing the sliders in helped.

On your latest WIP when I check it with a Levels Adjustment to see each of the channels, they are off and that is why you have the color cast.

Not sure I'm helping here as I seem to be making it worse.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Thanks Margie.  Hope  your summer is going well.  It's been busy for our family. 

I did some more color adjustments and then started over.  Inside the circle is where I've been working but the over all picture has been adjusted.  Let me know if this is acceptable

Candice

Mhayes

Candice, I wasn't sure what was going to follow your asking if my summer was going well and was afraid you might say: Well, you are making mine miserable with your nitpicking! Whew! Yes, summer is going pretty good, thanks.

Yes, this is much better and I like your color adjustment this time. Pretty sneaky of you to draw the circle to cover up the other circle in the center, but I see a sliver of it and it looks good also.

:up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Summer is busy but I'll get back on this and finish it this week.  Thanks for the input Margie!   :hug:
Candice