• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Think I have gone as far as I can

Started by battleaxe, February 28, 2014, 11:39:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Think I  have gone as far as I can.....new ideas please

I used the content aware healing brush a lot....normal, darken, and lighten brush modes.
Could not see much if any details in the channels... so what I couldn't heal or do a replace colour, I did dust and scratches removal.  Very little cloning of the little girls hair.  Can't seem to get the mother's eyes/face right.

dle

You're a braver person than I am for taking this on. This photo has had a hard life!

There are a couple of things I think you may wish to try next. First, you may be able to even out the tone some. The walls, for instance, seem more blotchy than they were before the damage happened. Using the softlight lighten/darken technique can help with this:

• Add a layer above the layer your retouches are on. Set its blend mode to Softlight and opacity to around 50%. Fill it with 50% gray.
  • Choose a soft brush that's about the same size as the unevenness of the tone or a little smaller. Set its opacity to around 15%, and the foreground/background colors to Black and White.
  • Paint with white to lighten an area or black to darken it. Press "x" to switch between black and white. You can paint repeatedly on an area to build up the effect.

The other thing is that the color balance looks to me to be a little too far over in the yellow direction. (But maybe you've concluded that's the way it's supposed to be, given the light in the scene.) To push the color balance, you could add a color balance adjustment layer at the very top of the stack and play with the yellow/blue balance. Or, alternatively, you could use a curves adjustment layer at the top of the stack and use it to tweak the color balance in the usual way.

Hope this helps.
Dave

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
-- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut (1953–1994)

Pat

Another great mini tutorial Dave  :up:  Thanks for posting.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

battleaxe

Thanks Dave!  :hug:

Your right!
I see am getting sloppy in my corrections in that i added spots, and didn't realize the colour shift.
Thanks for picking it up and  the suggestions on  how I can clean it back up.

battleaxe

Here is another try....  still have to even the walls out

dle

Yes, the color balance looks right to me now. One step at a time gets the job done.
Dave

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
-- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut (1953–1994)

battleaxe

Thanks Dave and Pat  :hug:
Have sent this one back.
again thanks