• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Almost done!

Started by Memory_Restorer, February 02, 2014, 03:29:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Memory_Restorer

Hello out there!  :) 

This is my first restoration for OPR in a couple of years, so I would like to get some other sets of eyes on it before turning it in.  Any suggestions would be truly appreciated.  Thanks! 

Before

After

Memory_Restorer

J/K...  After resting my eyes and coming back to it, I decided I wasn't satisfied with the "grungy" look of the carpet, so I poked around in the forums and lo and behold, I discovered a more effective technique!  XD  So here's the real final version... 

I'm still not sure if I'm satisfied with the "painty" look of the bottom of the wall, but that may be unavoidable.  I'm all ears for suggestions for fixing that, though! 

kiska

I took down the orange hand at the bride's waist with a color layer... built up paint using a brown from the wall. Lowered the brightness of the gown and painted on hide all mask, at soft low opacity, to bring a little detail in.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Memory_Restorer

Oooh, nice catch with the hand!  Thanks!  Sometimes I think after staring at these things for hours, I get detail-blindness.  :P 

Though your comment about the brightness on the dress concerns me.  It does look a bit "glowy" on my monitor (in fact, I had considered doing something about it, but had decided to leave it as-is in the interest of being faithful to the original), but your version doesn't seem any different from mine in the brightness department, on my screen.

Is this a subtle change that might be difficult to see, or do I need to check my monitor? 

kiska

Subtle tone down of the dress.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro