• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello everyone - just wanted to introduce myself

Started by christopherg, January 29, 2014, 01:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christopherg

Hello I just joined OPR and am really excited to be here.  I'm looking forward to slowly meeting people and most of all putting my skills to use as well as learning some new ones.  Based on some of the photos I've seen I can see I'll be learning some new tricks.

Going to go through all the material that came in the email so I don't mess something up on day one. :)

Mike S.

Hello and Welcome christopherg,

Glad you made it to the Forum.  This is an excellent place to request help on restoring photos.  If you are working on one and need advice, post the original and the work in progress and let us know.  It is also a good idea to post the original and work in progress when you think you are finished or just about finished and ask if there are any suggestions to improve. 

Again welcome to the team,

Mike

Mike S.

Tori803

Welcome christopherg! I'm sure you'll enjoy working on these photos and learning new things! We've all had the feeling that we're in over our heads. When you choose a photo to work on, think about the techniques you'll probably try, and pick the ones you feel more confident about. As you get more experience you'll be able to branch out to the more difficult photos. I've learned almost everything I know about photo restoration right here on the Forum, so please feel free to ask questions  :up:

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

Welcome Christopherg, it's great to see you on the forum!  Before you know it you will feel right at home here.  No worries about messing up; we've all been there and done that.  Both Mike and Tori gave wonderful advice.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Christopherg, great to have to see you on the OPR Forum and you will gain so much more than those who never visit. Plus, it's a fun place to learn and exchange ideas with a great group of volunteers. Relax and enjoy, and feel free to ask questions.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Candice

christopherg

Margie, Pat, Tori, Mike, and KLASSYLADY25 - thank you all for your encouragement and advice.  Apologies that it took me this long to reply, things got extremely busy right after I joined and I disappeared.  Things should calm down next week so I'll hopefully be more active here.

Chris