• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Christmas

Started by Ausimax, December 15, 2006, 07:11:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ausimax

Well here we are, only nine more sleeps till Santa.  I hope you have all been good little OPR elves so Santa will come to you. ;D

How will you be spending Christmas? Over here it is the main holiday period of the year, school broke up yesterday and doesn't start again till the end of January, so most Industry closes down over the Xmas - New Year period, and with the exception of those who have to work, most take between 2-4 weeks holiday.

The usual thing is to spend Christmas Day at home and the go away for the holidays, We seldom go anywhere over that period, it is just madness on the roads, everybody in such a rush to get away.

Generally at least one of our Sons and their family come up from Sydney, NSW for Christmas, a round trip of about 2000 Km, however they are not coming up this year so we look like having a pretty quiet Christmas, unfortunately it looks like being another hot, dry period with temperatures in the forties (Celsius) again, when all you do is struggle to keep cool.

I hope you have a great time planned, with friends and family, and if you are travelling take care and enjoy, and make sure you all come back well rested to deal with all the new restorations Dave has been promising us. :crazy:

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Kenny

Christmas eve we'll be busy with christmas parties. My wife's family is that afternoon, and my family's is that evening  :D
We do a gift exchange at each.

Christmas day will be spent here with the kids. My two oldest ones can't make it in for christmas, so we'll call them. My son is spending christmas with his mom this year and my oldest has to work (she's 20 and works at a nursing home).

She is coming down the week of New Year's though, so I can meet her fiance. She lives about 4 hours away, so I haven't met him yet. I'm a little nervous, but I'll get through it. I"m sure he's just as nervous!  :funny:

I hope you all have a great holiday season!

Kenny :)

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Happy Holidays!

I expect the Boyettes will have a very quiet Christmas.  The kids all have in-laws who make their lives miserable if they don't come over THAT DAY. So we decided years ago that instead of having them torn between us and other family, we'd do our celebrating around New Years. Christmas eve or Christmas day is normally a time we spend with 4 of our close friends.

The holidays are a tough time for me on several fronts.  I have one of my worst deadlines right in the middle of the festivities.  I've been known to be working my butt off while everyone else in the company is yukking it up at our Christmas party.  I usually come down with some exotic flu because we have so many visitors from all over the world, and we're all out shopping and sharing germs! And my baby brother (15) died of brain cancer right before Christmas.  Although that was many years ago, it still puts a bit of a pall on things.

I had many years of great holiday fun and joy when my son was a kid and when my stepdaughters were here with us.  The years I lived alone, I had a group of friends who were my "family," and we usually gathered at my house and had a big pot-luck dinner and exchanged gifts. But now that we're older and I'm married to someone who is just learning to enjoy the holidays, it's nice to kick back and not do much.  Thanksgiving is when I have the most fun, because we take the week off and spend time with the grandchildren while their parents work.  It's become a wonderful tradition.

I hope my friends at OPR have a holiday filled with love, peace and joy.  Whatever our beliefs and our deity, this is a good time to stop and reflect, be grateful for what we have and vow to be the very best people we can be.

And I encourage all of you to send peace, love and light to those who are suffering.  My wish would be that we could honor and respect all people, no matter how different they may be from us, and that no one would have to live with hatred, fear and deprivation.

I may be a Polyanna (ask my husband -- he'll give you a definite yes!), but I believe it's possible.  OPR certainly gives me hope!

My love to all of you!

GG

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ratz

Happy holidays to all at OPR!!!! and to' Polyanna' ;) I echo your sentiments.
I hope everyone has a wonderful time, no matter how they spend it.
We will be having a quiet one at home,with friends and family, luckily this year I have Christmas eve and Christmas day off
work, so I can relax and enjoy.
Max, at the moment on the mid north coast it is qite cold, I have been waiting for the hot weather so I can put my pool up for Christmas, as we do every year, but so far it hasn't been happening,I'm sitting here this morning in flannelette PJs believe it or not! Is this Australia?
We will be having a real treat this year as my daughter in law,(who is American) is doing Christmas eve for us this year, she misses the states so much and it will be a little bit of home for her.
So I wish you all a safe and happy Christmas!!!
Vicki. :loveit: :-*

marylou

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!

Christmas is my favorite holiday. As usual, I will be at home with hubby, my 3 kids and their boyfriends and girlfriend. I will be working full steam ahead in my kitchen throughout the holidays. Lots of Christmas goodies and having fun together is the way we spend our Christmas.

I hope the New Year brings you everything you desire! Especially peace, joy and happiness. Have a safe and happy holiday.

HO HO HO,

Mary

mabmsc

Merry Xmas everyone.  Hope everyone has a great new year.

I was just telling my 4 year old son, as carried him to bed, that it's 5 sleeps until Santa comes. It just made me realise how close the holidays are now!

Here in New Zealand December is the beginning of summer so snow is very unusual but outside at the moment it is 6 degrees and trying very hard to provide us with a white Xmas anyhow.  Needless to say, summer may be a little late in our part of the world this year.

Brookie

pcraft

Well, here we are down to 3 sleeps...  Just wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and hope Santa is extra good to you all...  I'd have asked Santa for CS3 but that is expected to be out spring or later in 2007, so, I guess I'll have to wait for next Chritmas...  lol Anyway again, Merry Christmas to all and wishing you all the best in the New Year!!
Robert

Ausimax

Wow, only one more sleep till Santa!!  Now, don't you wish you had been GOOD? :funny:

Well I hope Santa takes pity on all you bad girls and boys and brings you your hearts desires, and I wish you all the happiest Christmas imaginable.

Keep well,  and we can compare Christmas's when we have all recovered from our over-indulgences. :D

Max
Wisdom is having a well considered opinion .... and being smart enough to keep it to yourself!     MJS

"Life" is what happens while you are planning other things!

Kenny

Quote from: Ausimax on December 23, 2006, 09:28:18 PM

Wow, only one more sleep till Santa!!  Now, don't you wish you had been GOOD? :funny:

Well I hope Santa takes pity on all you bad girls and boys and brings you your hearts desires, and I wish you all the happiest Christmas imaginable.

Keep well,  and we can compare Christmas's when we have all recovered from our over-indulgences. :D

Max

On more sleep for YOU!!  :P

Us on the other side of the world have 2 sleeps!

Kenny :)

But why is the rum gone?