• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Couple on Black

Started by Candice, January 06, 2014, 04:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

First phase done. Now to work on getting the lavender toned down.

And Bambi I have a gift for you since you were so sweet in putting yellow splotches and  purple haze on this picture    :knuppel:

Candice

Bambi

You must be referring to the legendary mucker-upper machine that the distributors run the pictures through before putting them in your gallery. We want to make them challenging enough for you. Looking good, Candy.

bambi

Candice

If I ever find where you guys have hidden it!!!!   ::)  Well you know... it will go bye bye ^-^
Candice

Candice

Candice

Mhayes

This photo is really a lot harder than it looks and you have done a great job. The problem and I can't remember the term  for when a photo develops a discoloration that is is either oxidation or perhaps a chemical change when it gets wet. On this photo it developed a pink cast and it can be a real pain trying to photograph without reflections. In NY those photos were the hardest to copy.

This is not going to make your day, but the problems with your restore may have some fairly easy fixes, with the exception of needing to add more hair to the woman. On another post on the forum I had the volunteer request from Bambi a good reference photo that had been restored of the couple. Because of the discoloration, the color correction is not correct on their hair color. Both of them have dark brown hair and the woman the darkest. I called the woman to check for sure on both her and her husband. I also checked on the eye color as he has blue eyes and she has hazel--that part is okay. I played around with your restore and tried to find a way to get the hair the right color. I brought down the red and then added blank layer about set to the "color mode" and picked brown and painted in. You will need to do layers so as to not mess with the rest. I also think the man's suit is not gray.

I have enclosed the good reference photo and it will help you to see how her hair goes over her ear with just a little of the ear lobe showing. When you look at the original it makes her ear look like an elves and I knew that wasn't right. If you look at the reference photo below and also closer you will see the color is gone but you can see what looks like strands of hair. Before you do a color change to the hair on your restore; I would borrow from the good detail and move into place. That way the colors will match.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Thanks for the tips.  No matter what direction I went - CMYK, Lab, or RGB the hair came out red. Same thing for the suit.  There was not a hint of color in it with the purple haze.   Now that I have a reference I can work with, it will help a lot. 

When working in color, I like to post when in question.  In this case "Bingo"... you gave me more clues.

I'll post when things get closer.

Thank you Margie.
Candice

Mhayes

Nice change in hair color. I would add some brown to the man's as he has brown hair. I know you are not done yet, but will be curious to see if you can cover a little more of her. hair.

:up:

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

I pulled a little more detail and will work on it more tonight.  Time to play with the grand kids.

Candice

kiska

Here's a rough go. In the close up I believe the hair goes over most of the ear with a little lobe showing. In another pic of her, she has BIG hair and a bun.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Candice

What I'm seeing is the man's collar, is superimposed over the woman's face.  She looks a bit like Spock because of it. 
Candice

kiska

It probably is the man's collar. Needs to be removed. Check out the woman's hair and her collar in the "tree" photo below.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Candice

I did remove the collar.  I also pondered the hair while working on the rest and did some additions.   Here's where she stands.

Candice

Mhayes

:up:

Missing the tiny bit of the ear lobe, but that is a minor pic.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

I missed that Margie.  I'll add it and resend.  Thank you.

Candice