• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Couple

Started by Candice, December 12, 2013, 02:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Getting the coloration of this out was a challenge to me.   Let me know if you see anything please and thank you.

Candice

Pat

Beautiful job on a very difficult color correction Candy.  Could you share a few details on how you accomplished it?

There is a horizontal area of discoloration on her chest, about level with the necklace pendant.  It also includes the shoulder area of her blouse photo left as well as just a tiny bit of the collar photo right.  

Pat    
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Candice

Quote from: Pat on December 12, 2013, 02:43:15 PM
Beautiful job on a very difficult color correction Candy.  Could you share a few details on how you accomplished it?

There is a horizontal area of discoloration on her chest, about level with the necklace pendant.  It also includes the shoulder area of her blouse photo left as well as just a tiny bit of the collar photo right. 

Pat   

I see it now that you mention it. When I posted, I didn't.  I think I got it now.

As for my steps... Oh my!  I moved this picture from RGB into Lab and looked at it. Was not impressed.  I then moved it into CMYK and had better results with finding the colors.  I broke down the picture.  Removing the background from the couple and started there.  I blended a cloud layer with the original background and that helped keep it real.  From that point I started working on the couple.  There was a great deal of hand painting involved in this picture.  After that it's really a matter of backing off and looking at the coloration of the skin etc....

Candice

Pat

Looks really nice!

It's good that in Photoshop there are so many ways available to try and tackle a difficult situation like your color correction.  Thanks for sharing so we can all learn.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Beautiful restore! I bet the family will be surprised at the results on this one.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Margie and Pat, thank you.  I hope that the family will too.  That's my hearts desire!   :loveit:

Sending them home.
Candice