• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hello from Medford, NJ

Started by rdshields, November 29, 2013, 09:56:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdshields

I'm new to OPR, as a retired staff photographer and photo editor for a daily newspaper here in NJ.  Hopefully I can make a small dent in the amount of images that need to be recovered by such a wonderful group of volunteers.  -Rose

Pat

Hello Rose and welcome from Michigan.  

Photography has long been a hobby of mine.  It sounds like you've had a fun and interesting career.  You are sure to fit right in around here.  Don't hesitate to ask questions as you become familiar with how we operate, and the forum is a great place to share tips and techniques.

Looking forward to working with you,

Pat    

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Another warm welcome from Michigan Rose,

I am also a long time photographer and still enjoy it very much. 

Nice to see you on the Forum.

Mike
Mike S.

Bambi

A warm welcome from sunny Las Vegas. Which paper? I used to work for the Orange County Register and the San Jose Mercury News in California. But everything I know about photo restoration, I learned right here on Forum from my talented and generous colleagues. Welcome to OPR.

Bambi

Mhayes

Hello Rose and welcome to OPR from Kansas. Your experience will come in very helpful with your photography and newspaper experience. Hope that you will be able to come with us on a copy run some day.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

rdshields

Thanks everyone for the warm wishes, and surprise, surprise...I'm already stumped. 

I logged on to photorescue last week and picked out two images to download, but then what?  I assumed I would get an email letting me know that I could download the two images, but I haven't heard anything. 

So I checked the gallery this morning, and the images I requested were gone from the gallery.  Does this mean someone else downloaded them already? Was I supposed to do something other than type in "Choice 1" or "Choice 2" at the bottom of the images?  The directions on what to do after you choose your images is a bit unlear to me.

Thanks for any advice. 

Pat

Hi Rose,

Typing "choice 1" and "choice 2" then clicking on submit is all you need to do.  You may want to check your trash or spam folder as email invites to download occasionally end up there.  Otherwise you can assume someone else chose those photos before you and you can now make other choices.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi Rose,

Here is a link that will show you with a screen print what the distributors see for requests made for a photo. Unfortunately both of your choices were spoken for before you. Hopefully your next picks will be more successful.  The reason we ask that you make 2-3 choices instead of more is that the comment section for each photo can get overloaded with comments for 2nd and 3rd choice when the volunteer was able to get their 1st choice. Unfortunately, we can't clear that part and start fresh.
http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3925.0.html

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Bambi

I would like to remind members to put the date on their requests. It's a big help for the distributors.

Bambi

Tori803

Thanks for the reminder Bambi. I'm one of the ones guilty of forgetting  :)
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge