• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Help with Blotchy Repair

Started by Brian N, October 15, 2013, 10:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian N

I think I managed to clean up most of the damage but can't seem to get rid of the noise/grain like blotchiness throughout the photo.  The sky also seems dirty.  Without adding more blur is there something that can be done?

Thanks in advance.

kiska

Brian, it appears you didn't do a levels and curves adjustment first. Do that, then BW. I painted, with medium opacity brush, the top right corner, then used the healing brush sampled on a good area to clean up the sky.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Brian N

Hi Kiska,

Thanks for the info.  I played around a bit more using your suggestions, darkened the man a bit and lightened the area around him to make him stand out a bit more - it's hard to tell if what looks like dirt on his right side (as he looks at you) is bushes or dirt.  I ended up fading it out.  I also played with the sky.  When I used the brush to clean it up, it looked flat.  I rendered some clouds and got what I have in the photo now. I think I'll need to lighten it a bit more because it still appears dirty.  I may try to add some siding texture on his right as that also looks flat now.
Let me know what you think so far, and if I was out of line lightening the area around him. 

kiska

Looks a lot better. You might leave off the rendered clouds, tho.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro