• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

1st restore WIP

Started by gegal, October 09, 2013, 09:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gegal

[URL=http://s304.photobucket.com/user/streetsong/media/OPR/LoopL_18_06_3_5x3_5_WIP_WEB.jpg]

Sorry about the doubles, but I have no idea how to remove the duplicates (?), or why they appear as duplicates.

This is somewhat beyond my level of experience, but this is where I am at currently and would like some input, please...
I am working, primarily on the left side. 
(1) the girl on the left - I recreated her face from the right side, BUT I cannot figure how to do her nose.  (I don't have a Wacom to draw it in). I need to clean her face up and put in her pupils.
(2) Also far left, the white blob I was going to remove and replace by the guy's jacket.  I "see" a girl, at least a part of one, farthest left next to the girl I am working on.
(3) The girl's hand (bottom) - not sure what to do with it, I cloned/extended it some, but it still is not right.
(4) Background, I am cloning to clean up.  Not sure what was back there, but I saw many artifacts and I am thinking it just needed to be cleaned up.
(4) I researched the "blue channel" and it was helpful, but could not "keep it in blue channel" once
I clicked on it again, kind of like it was temporary. (had to reclick on channels to get it back) I have CS5.

So sorry this is taking so long, but it looked easier than it was.  I would appreciate any recommendations.

Tori803

For the nose one option would be creating a new layer and gradually painting in color to build up the nose shape. You could even put each different color on a separate layer if you want to. Use a soft brush with a flow of 10%, set to enable airbrush capabilities. Use 3 or 4 colors. Start with the highlight color, then a darker color along the side of the nose to give it shape, maybe a lighter color to blend the transformation from the highlight to the darker color. You'll probably have to try several versions before you get something that looks right. You'll know you're not done yet if it looks painted.

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge