• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Newbie first time restore

Started by colinbes, October 05, 2013, 01:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinbes

First attempt at restoring a photo and am looking for comments.

I thought as this would be my first time that I'd try something easy to get me going. Well, I learnt to not judge a photo by it's thumbnail. The more I worked this image the more the amount of noise became apparent. I tried to reduce noise as much as possible while reconstructing facial features and players.

At this point I feel I am spending too much time on this image (could just be lack of skill) and have reached point of diminishing returns.

Feedback most welcome.

Colin

Mhayes

Colin,

I think you did pretty good on an old photo that wasn't in the best of shape. On the guy on your far right, it looks like he still has a mark under his eye, but then maybe this is what you see on football players. The one thing that catches my eye is that the grass seems to have noticeable clone marks and has lost the texture of the grass. I would correct damage and perhaps try to even out the lightness/darkness areas. Other than that I think you are close to being finished.

Yes, the thumbnails in the galleries always look better than when you download.   >:D Make sure to double click to get a better view.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]