• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Hi from Manchester U.K.

Started by mancsman1, October 04, 2013, 05:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mancsman1

Hello All,
Just joined this wonderful group and hope I can help in some small way.

My problem is, I am colour blind and don't know if this will hinder my help,
Any suggestions on how to overcome my problem will be gratefully accepted.

John

Pat

Hi John and a big welcome from Michigan!

Regarding your colour :) blindness, you will probably want to stick with some of our less damaged photos, always color correct prior to attempting damage control, and use a good color correction method such as the one outlined in the pdf that accompanied your registration photo.

We do occasionally have black and white photos in the galleries.  Right now there are a number of black and white wedding photos in Tess's gallery that are not too damaged.

It's great to have you on board and we look forward to working with you.  Each time you start a new restoration it would be a good idea to post the original and your color correction to the forum for an okay on the color prior to going on to damage control.  If it turns out to be one where you can't get the color right return it to the gallery distributor rather than struggle with it.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mhayes

Hi John, a warm welcome from Kansas. 

I can add much to what Pat has already stated and while it won't keep you from restoring, it would help to post on this Forum first your before/after so that you get started in the right direction.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]