• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

ABC television

Started by G3User, September 18, 2013, 09:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G3User

Been a bit slow with this one, number 1 son has had me painting some rooms in his house and I have been finding muscles I had forgotten about. :P

The TV has an ABC logo showing but I have no idea of the picture, any suggestions.

Still to do the shelf above it but if there is anything else that needs attention let me know

Athol

Mhayes

Athol,

How many sons do you have? Hopefully not more than one as who wants to be #2? Or is this designation who was born first. Okay, enough of idle curiosity.

Yes, I think it was the Rose Parade in 1976, check their archives--just kidding. Just a thought, but you might want some blurring of the sharp squiggly lines. Above on the shelf the clock is at 5 and the rest is lost.

The rest looks very good.

Margie

"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

To respond to your points Margie, in order of importance

1)   #1 son is the eldest. #2 is the younger, he lives in Darwin so it is too far to go to help with his painting. However I am going up there for November, 32-34 degrees every day. He has a pool, the seafood is great and I will be thinking of you and your weather. #3 is a daughter and that was enough.

2)   By what reasoning can the Rose Parade in 1976 involve wearing hats with 2000 on them? Sometimes I wonder. Then again, if the clock says 5, they can hardly be celebrating the turn of the century. Maybe the clock is wrong? Perhaps you were born in 1976 have a "thing" about that year? :wow:

Seems like more questions than answers but I will press on nobly, in spite of it all :-\

Athol

Mhayes

Athol, sorry to be so slow in replying, but have had thunderstorms here and didn't want to get a charge from typing.

1) Bet if you had had #3 daughter first you would have had many more children--girls are such a delight.  ::) November over there would be spring and you are going to use a pool with temps of 32-34? Yikes! Thanks for your kind thoughts.  :(

2) I must have had a moment of confusion when looking at the clock and thinking it looked like an older 1976 model. Lets just say it was 2000 and the kids are in Australia and watching the Rose Parade over there--the time difference would work. As to my being born in 1976---Thanks for cheering me up--I wish!

Okay, enough stalling let's see some more of your WIP.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

kiska

OR, maybe the boys are in California and watching the ball drop for New Year's in Times Square, NY. Or where ever in the world the time changed first. Just sayin'.........
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

G3User

Well Margie, my daughter is a delight. At least that is the message when she cooks dinner or when Xmas presents are being talked about. ^-^

Re your lack of understanding about temperature, we use the system most commonly used worldwide, centigrade. So 30deg C divided by 5 equals 6. 6 times 9 equals 54. 54 plus 32 equals 86 deg F. A very comfortable pool temp. Still will think of you

Now about the problems with time zones. Midnight on New Years Eve in California would be 5pm New Years Day here. We are 17 hour ahead, the clean up after the firework display on Sydney Harbor is just about done though there will be repeats in the evening news.

Thanks to you both for the suggestions, I think I will go with some very blurred fireworks and the ABC logo and be prepared for whatever eventuates.

Margie, the WIP is suffering. I will be off line for 6 weeks between now and Xmas and a family member, # unspecified has just presented me with over 600 images from 3 cameras of a trip in South Africa and asked if I can put together a photo book as a Xmas present. And the cameras clocks were all different!!!!! :knuppel:

My head hurts already. :(

Athol

Mhayes

Well Athol, what you say is true about temps, but it helps if one would put a C or F after the degrees to bring clarity.

I am so happy to see you could buy the far fetched rationalization that the two of us came up with.  ;)

Please say you kidding about being offline for 6 weeks between now and Xmas?  :'( I promise to not heckle you for a spell if you will reconsider. If you are not kidding, send the family member to a Photoshop or Photoshop Elements class. Or, give them a gift card in lieu of a photo book?

I am so sad to hear your head hurts.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

G3User

Here is where I am at so please be gentle.

Sorry but it is true Margie. Darwin for 5 weeks where I won't have access to any usable software and only an unreliable dial up connection, then another week on the coast south of Sydney with no access.

Working flat out on the photobook, I will have to have it completed by the first week of December. I will put my name down for 1 or 2 images in case things go better than expected.

Pant, pant

Athol

Mhayes

Athol,

I like it! Not your leaving, but the restore. I am green with envy thinking of what it might be like to be out of range of the Internet. Will you have electricity or will you be using fire?  ^-^

I think more than 2 photos is in order when taking a leave of absence.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tori803

Nice job on the restoration! We'll miss yoy.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

G3User

Margie,

I asked for a couple from Jonas, the one I had looked at most carefully was gone so he kindly sent me the other.

I opened it and went pale. I am still recovering, I think I am going to need a holiday just to get myself ready to cope with it. :crazy:

Made me thing that there should be appropriate acronyms to describe how you feel when you receive such a shock.

For this one SIHRAL.  select in hast, repent at leisure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Tori

Athol

Mhayes

Athol,

What a sad story and I felt bad that we had taken advantage of your good nature to do a restore before leaving us for months. But then I got over it.  ;D  However, if you are going out with a whimper, Jonas will let you return it for an easier one---say a photo with one scratch mark, one with some missing turf or a child with a missing eye? Let us know, so that the color in your face will return.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]