• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Couple - wip

Started by Atlantis, August 08, 2013, 01:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

Due to my pc dying I spent a lot of weeks waiting for the reanimation & transplants. A lot of software had to be re installed and I lost many of my bookmarks.
Nevertheless I managed to continue working on this restore last week. It is obviously not finished yet, just to keep you posted and learn if I'm on the right track so all input is welcomed.
My main concern was his face. Now I'm wondering what to do or not to do with the cars in the background.
Oh and what is that part of fabric below his tie, on his belly. His shirt perhaps?
I'll be off for the weekend but plan to continue next week.

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Pat

That car on the right is going to be a bit of a challenge :-)

If I'm looking at the same spot your are referring to regarding the " part fabric below his tie, on his belly," my guess would be pigment bleed from water damage:

Pat 
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

lurch

Pat, I disagree. The spot on his belly below his tie is shirt - he has just enough of a paunch to make his pants ride low.
<C>

Pat

Lurch, that was my first thought too.  Then I checked the blue channel and followed what looked like the line of the jacket's lapel all the way down.  It seemed to disprove my original idea of it being his shirt.   

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

lurch

I still think it's shirt. Jacket's lapel is a red herring. His jacket is unbuttoned.
<C>

Atlantis

I had my husband posing and he is convinced it's a long wide tie like it was fashion in those days.
The jacket is not closed so that is why we can see his tie all the way down. He also thinks the small darker diagonal that seems to separate the obvious tie from the supposed shirt could be a tiepin whereas I thought at first it could be a shadow of a shorter tie. But using the long broad tie theory it could also be just more damage.

kiska

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Atlantis

Yesterday my evening I made almost the same choice as Kiska suggested during my beautysleep.
This is where it is now. It seems I reached the point where doing more will make things worse.