• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Need help on this little girl pic

Started by battleaxe, June 23, 2013, 01:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

battleaxe

Hi Folks,
  This is still in the rough.  Was wondering if this little girl was in another pic.    Not sure how to tackle the background, dress and vest.  (The vest has beautiful birds on it!)  Yes  the tree needs more work too.  Thought I would fix the girl first then amend the tree.  Though the background is bugging me....can I make it a light grey colour? That is the colour showing above the tree.
The north pole sign ........well ......it is a work in progress, tried to find one like it on the internet . No joy!  Will work out something. 
Is her face okay?
Will check the channels again, for anything I could use.  Your help will be greatly appreciated!!

Sorry had to redo this plea for help.    Forgot to take the metatags off, and update the project pic

Mhayes

Great to see you back on the Forum. Looks like you decided to pick a fun one again. This one is pretty close to be a non-restore. I wouldn't worry too much about the background as you don't have much to work with. On the Forum the girl looks over saturated and too orange, but when I download not so orange and I'm wondering why you uploaded as a Gif as that is not the color mode you would ever want with an OPR photo. Also, by uploading as a Gif, makes it impossible to download and play with. Some of her face is good and also notice how her ears show and how her hair does not cover her face as you have it on your left. I hope your distributor has a reference photo, because this one is really a little far gone. Kudos for trying!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

jesterjeni

wow what a challenge!
there just is not a lot of real detail left in the dress and the body, so I wanted to see what I could do with the face.

this is what I came up with just playing around with it:

of course it is rough, I have not been here for awhile.

battleaxe

here is my fifth try.

still have to finish the north pole,  figure out what to do her the arms, and middle of  the dress

The face I followed what I could of the chin to try and fix it.

still some damage in the hair and xmas tree

Any suggestions/ criticisms welcome

kiska

This is the blue channel. Looks to me like her hands are folded in her lap.

Or, maybe, a tight crop at the same dimensions.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

battleaxe

Thanks Kiska!    Don't know how I missed that...for I do look at the channels.  Guess I was so involved in trying to get the chin/neck area I missed the arms in the blue channel.

Again thanks

battleaxe

here is the sixth try.   still not done, lots of damage throughout  pic.
all criticism and advise welcome. 

Tori803

Getting better - it begins to look possible (poor you)  :)
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

BA, this is amazing what you have been able to do so far.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

battleaxe

I have agressively tackled the noise/damage on the red and green channel.   
For it is hard to tell when healing what is damage and what is not.
I know it is flat but is this alright?   Will try reducing the noise/damage using selected labs or cmyk channels, to see if I can get anymore detail.  Any suggustions will be appreciated