• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Army Couple - Comments, Please

Started by glennab, November 28, 2006, 11:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

You're getting too caught up in the background :P

The people look wonderful, and that's the main focus of the picture. When I'm not sure of what something is, I just clean it up and leave it in to suggest what was there. The owners will most likely remember what was there, but again the focus will be of the couple, so they won't give a whole lot of scrutiny to the background.

It's icy and snowy here, how is YOUR day?  :D

Kenny  :loveit:

Edit* I have to drive 4 hours today toward Oklahoma City. I"m NOT looking forward to it  :huh:

But why is the rum gone?

glennab

Hi Kenny

I've missed you.  Thanks for jumping in.  I'm more of your frame of mind concerning the details, i.e. I didn't worry about losing the detail of the tufted buttons on the chairs -- I may enhance them a little, but not much.  I'm probably going to also have to go with cleaning up the areas over which we all have different opinions, because the damage is so extensive that it's almost impossible to determine what's actually there.

Your coaching on cloning and healing has helped me so much.  I'm beginning to get the hang of it, so the work is progressing well now.  And since we discovered what all the weird shapes in the drapes are, I can do a quicker job on that area, because now I realize there are just drapes and plants.  I can deal with that!

As for our weather -- it's in the mid 70s and sunny.  This is one of the best times of the year down here.  We can open our windows and get fresh air after way too many months of air conditioning.  The humidity is down and the evenings are "cool." Over Thanksgiving we had a fire in the fireplace for a few days just to keep the chill down.  But we've lived in our house without a central heater for more years than I can count.  My Florida wuss hubby gets chilled when it goes "down" to the 50s, but I was born in New Hampshire, so my blood must still be thick, because I love the cold and don't need a heater.  He has an electric blanket on his side of the bed. I use my knitted "grandma blankets" and am fine.  The rainy season is over, so I have to keep an eye on my plants, but at least the roof isn't leaking.

How're you doing?  How's Bud doing?  Is he still in physical therapy?   Tell him I think of him often (especially when my back is acting up) and really hope he's on the upswing.

I hope you had a safe drive to OK city.  Doesn't sound like much fun in rain & snow!

Be safe!

GG

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)