• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Grand Pier

Started by Candice, May 25, 2013, 08:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candice

Faded, spotted, and heavy edge.  Past all of that, it's a wonderful picture.

Candice

Pat

It's like Magic the detail that can be brought back to life.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Candice

Pat you are so right.  I wasn't sure I could pull this one off but nothing ventured nothing gained.
I want to have it sent back in before I sit on this up coming jury.  Starts May 28 @ 1:30pm.

Candice

glennab

Hi Candy

Great restoration!  I thought it looked a little washed out, so I downloaded your restored image and added 2 layers.  The first one was just a working layer with which I took each channel in levels and brought the slider in to where the histogram starts to get steep.  Then I added another layer, set it to multiply and reduced the opacity.  I think since you'll get a little more grain, the most obvious parts could be helped by using the patch tool to capture a smoother look in open areas.  The rest doesn't look too bad, even multiplied.  Just a quick suggestion - only took a minute or so.

Bless!
GK

Here's my version:

What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

Thanks Glenna!  You're a step ahead of me.   :hug:  I'll do that.
Candice

Candice

That helped a great deal Glenna.  Thanks you.

Smooth sailing.  Sending home.

Candice

glennab

Candy, it looks great!
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Candice

Thanks Glenna... and you're like Miss Shake N Bake... you Helped!  ;)
Candice

glennab

I twy!  I weally, weally do. It feels great to have added something to your restoration, since my synapses aren't working well enough for me to do my own right now. I can't stand being without my OPR fix!

Hugs
GK 

(P.S. I hate to give up my OPR nickname, because it reminds me of my beloved Aussie Max. Bless him for dubbing me the Garrulous Kraken.  I even found a kraken scarf as my new avatar.  Whoo hoo!)

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)