• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Red edges

Started by Cheri, May 14, 2013, 05:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheri

I'm working on a wedding picture and there is a pinkish red glow around parts of the picture.  It's a color picture and I know I can clone it out, but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a better way to take it out.

Mhayes

Hi Cheri,

It would help if you would post your photo on the Forum. When signed in you will notice links on your left hand side: photobucket, ImageShack, and PBase. These are free sites where you can upload your photo, save in a gallery, and  post as a link on the Forum. Unless your photo is small in size; I usually make a copy and change the resolution from 300 dpi to something smaller--120 dpi or less. On the Forum Index you will notice a place for new volunteers that has all sorts of helpful information. Here is one showing how to use the above sites: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2002.0.html

Please post your original version and your work in progress so that we can help. I also make a folder on my hard drive for photobucket to keep the photos I post on the Forum and I do not remove them. If you do, your photo will not longer show up and it make the Forum post worthless. Hope that helps.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Tess (Tassie D)

Hi Cheri, I sample the colour affected, seems to be the white in most of these. I then set the brush to colour at about 20% opacity and paint over the pink.

Tess Cameron
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Cheri

Thanks Tess, that answers my question.  I'm still trying to get the hang of things so I've uploaded the photos to photobucket and but when I click on the img link, it starts with URL and not IMG.  I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I'm just not sure what it is.  This is what I got when I tried to post the link:

New forum and new learning curve.  Thanks for your patience with me as I get everything figured out.

Cheri

Cheri

Ok, so I realized the image shows up when you post. I was thinking it would preview it.  So anyway the previous message was the original and here's my work in progress

So here's a couple questions I have about the pictures.  The ribbon on the brides dress, to me it looks like it should be white or cream and so that's what I'm doing but I wanted a second opinion.  And my second question is, is there a faster way to get rid of all the green spots rather than cloning, patching and spot healing.  I was trying to use hue/saturation to pull out that one specific color but it wasn't working so I thought I'd ask. 

Cheri

kiska

The ribbon on the bride's maid's dress is brown, about the same color as the dress. The "white" is the sheen caused by the flash. You can see the brown in the ends of the ribbon. This is after levels and curves.
WHOOPS! Wrong pic, same wedding.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Cheri

How's this looking? Anything else I should do?

mark_webster25

Hi Cheri, I just wanted to point out a few things that I noticed right from the start.  The light fixture in the ceiling has been painted over.  And I know this was a difficult photo with all the white blotching in it.   I did a real quick and dirty example from the original. I did some basic color correction and started to work on the picture.  I used varying opacities for brush and the clone tool and heal, with the brush tool I used a color blending layer with opacities of the brush between 10 - 30% depending on how much blending I wanted.  Then for the white patches in the ceiling area I used the clone stamp and heal tool with opacities set  to around 20-30%.  I would also zoom in as far as 1200% and set my color picker to 3x3 sampling and would pick healthy colors near the white blotches and paint over top of them with the clone stamp tool and try to blend in with the other colors around as much as possible.

While my blending wasn't perfect I only spent about 5 mins on this.

We are spiritual beings having a physical experience, and God doesn't make junk.  Live in the solution, not the problem and remember to pause and reflect before you react and deflect.

Cheri

Thanks, I'm going back and reworking it.

Cheri

I'm reworking the picture and here's where I'm at

I'm having a really hard time with the beer bottle and up by the door hinge on the right side and then the other areas that are still red.  I'm not sure if they are lights or what they are, any thoughts? Anything I need to redo? Thanks.

mark_webster25

Hi, Cheri, really like what you have done here.  My suggestion for the bear bottle and the red is that it's not lighting but damage like your other red edges.  Create an empty layer, set it to color, use the brush tool with opacities set from 10-30% varying on the result you wish to get.  Use the color picker to pick a white for the inside label of the bottle and for the edges of the wood and and use.  I'll try to get an example made up as soon as I get the chance.  I am heading out for the day and will be back later in the afternoon.
We are spiritual beings having a physical experience, and God doesn't make junk.  Live in the solution, not the problem and remember to pause and reflect before you react and deflect.

mark_webster25

Cheri, I created a snap shot example with encyrcled settings in red of what I did to clean up those areas a bit around the beer bottle table and mirror.  What you can't see is that I would also zoom in sometimes zoomed in all the way my color picker is set to 3x3 I painted over the areas with a lighter color blending in.  I would also change my brush size based on how far / in-out I was zoomed and what areas I wanted effected.

Cheri

Is there anything else I need to do to this picture before it's finished?  This is my first one so I want to make sure I do a good job.