• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

new to this site

Started by lillee, April 28, 2013, 01:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Hello and a big welcome from Michigan Mal!  The forum is a great place to share tips and suggestions on tough restores and just have fun getting to know your fellow volunteers.  We are here to help too if you have questions or need help as you learn to navigate between OPR and our Photoshelter galleries.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Another warm welcome from Michigan Mal!

Nice to see you on the Forum and I hope to see more of you here.

Mike
Mike S.

Mhayes

A warm welcome from Kansas Mal. Great to have you onboard.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Custard

Hi
Just got accepted in so thought I'd pop in to say hi  8)
I'm Lenny (Lena) from London, UK.
I hope to keep up with skills whilst helping out if I can - Happy New Year everyone!

:hug:
RunnyCustard Photography, Retouch & more!

Pat

Happy New Year to you too Lenny and a big welcome from Michigan!  I've been to London and really enjoyed seeing the changing of the guard.

Don't hesitate to ask questions as you begin to learn your way around OPR. 

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Custard

Thank you Pat. :up2:
I've never seen the changing of the Guard like a typical Londoner  :cool:

Mike S.

Another warm welcome from Michigan Lenny,

Hope to see more of you on the Forum.  The place to communicate and give and get tips on photo restores.

Mike
Mike S.

Custard

Quote from: Mike S. on January 03, 2015, 08:27:44 AM
Another warm welcome from Michigan Lenny,

Hope to see more of you on the Forum.  The place to communicate and give and get tips on photo restores.

Mike

Thanks Mike
off to try to find the right thread for some newbie questions :-)

Pat

Hi Lenny,

For general questions you can click on "The Tool Bar" under the Volunteer Planet heading about halfway down the Forum Home page.  Then start a new topic for your question.

For questions, regarding a particular restoration you are working you can look under the heading "OPR Workshops," then click on Easy, Moderate, or Difficult and start a new topic for your question.  It's always best to post both your original and your work in progress for these types of questions so we can get a good fix on what the problem and what tips to offer.

Pat
Pat

Custard

Quote from: Pat on January 03, 2015, 02:05:29 PM
Hi Lenny,

For general questions you can click on "The Tool Bar" under the Volunteer Planet heading about halfway down the Forum Home page.  Then start a new topic for your question.

For questions, regarding a particular restoration you are working you can look under the heading "OPR Workshops," then click on Easy, Moderate, or Difficult and start a new topic for your question.  It's always best to post both your original and your work in progress for these types of questions so we can get a good fix on what the problem and what tips to offer.

Pat

Thanks Pat - just managed to do that but not getting the image to show in the post though  :-[

Pat

When I was a newbie trying to add a photo to my post for the first time it took me three tries to figure it out :)))

For instructions go to:  http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,2002.0.html
On the example that Tess has shown, where you see the last choice for image code--right click for copy and then you will paste that into your post on the forum.

Pat
Pat

marslete

Hello there, I'm new here from Philly. Just thought I'd say hello and introduce myself. I am completely self taught so I'm excited to try and help out some people and hopefully learn a bit in the process.

Hannie

A warm welcome from Amsterdam Marslete, good luck on your first OPR restore!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Chris.

Welcome Aboard ! Any questions just ask. :)
Chris

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once... A. Einstein

Mhayes

Hi Marslete, welcome from Kansas and glad you could join us.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]