• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

new to this site

Started by lillee, April 28, 2013, 01:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeresaErlitz

Hi, my name is Teresa.  I am really looking forward to helping out and being part of this organization.  I hope I did this right. 

Mhayes

Hi Teresa, welcome to OPR from Kansas. It's great to have your help and hope we will see you again on the forum as it is a great way to get help and also share ideas. At first there is a lot to learn, so don't hesitate to ask questions. Lately things have been a little slow as we are winding down on photos taken from previous runs of last year. Starting this weekend we will be teaming up with the Washington Library in Illinois to offer help to those hit by last year's tornado. Check out our homepage for more information.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Candice

Sending you greetings from Oklahoma!
Candice

Octopodi

Just wanted to stop in and say hello from California, and that I'm glad to get the chance to help out! I think what this organization does is great.

Mike S.

A warm welcome from Michigan Teresa,

Nice to see you on the Forum.

This is the place to ask for or to give help to someone restoring a photo.  By posting the original photo and the Work In Progress other restorer's can see where you are and offer help.

Mike
Mike S.

Tori803

Welcome, Octopodi, from Minnesota. We appreciate you volunteering your time and skills! The Forum is a great place to learn about other volunteers and to get advice and share tips on restoration. We'd love to see you post your work-in-progress here with your next restoration!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Pat

Another warm welcome Octopodi from the currently cold and snowy state of Michigan, it's great to see you on the forum! 

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tiana

Hi Everyone!

I am new to the site. Tiana from Wales, U.K.

Hope I can be useful.

:)

Pat

A big welcome from Michigan, Tiana. We are very glad to have you join in our efforts to restore photos for families who have lost so much as a result of natural disaster.

It's always fun to learn about our fellow volunteers from around the world.  The forum is also the go to place for tips and techniques when working on a particularly tough restore.  Just post the original along with your work in progress for friendly suggestions.

Looking forward to seeing more of you on the forum and working with you.

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Candice

Greetings from Oklahoma!!  :hug:
Candice

Chris.

Chris

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once... A. Einstein

Mike S.

Welcome aboard Octopodi and Tiana,

I think you will find this very rewarding.

Mike
Mike S.

Tiana

Thanks. This forum has some great tips so I know where to come if I get stuck...   ;)

Mhayes

Octopodi and Tiana, a warm welcome to OPR from Kansas. Hope to see both of you again on the Forum.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

pjstaley

Hi everyone,

My name is Peggy. I live in Idaho (and no, we don't pay less for potatoes Too Funny). I've been working in Photoshop for many years, mostly doing restoration for family, friends and a local genealogy society.

I'm self-taught...well, with considerable input from The Fab 3, Scott Kelby, Dave Cross and Matt Kloskowski, and also Katrin Eismann. I consider myself at Intermediate level. I do not have artistic skills enough to reproduce body parts (minor success on a few restoration) and I don't have an expert eye for perfect color restoration. Aside from these things, I can pretty much do anything. I've removed people from photos in such a way that it looks completely natural, etc. It's easy to detect when something is wrong (like blown out whites among other things), but knowing how to correct them is something else.

While embracing my limitations, I will press forward with the goal in mind that someone's mother or grandmother will be shedding tears of joy when they receive their newly restored memory.

The premise behind restoration is that it looks like it never needed to be.