• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

new to this site

Started by lillee, April 28, 2013, 01:09:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mhayes

Hi Alex, welcome to OPR from Kansas. I'm sure you will also have fun here as well.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

coloramisu

Hello everyone, I start volunteering for OPR. It's a really great idea you had by giving hope from restored photos.
I'm french from suburb of Paris and I'm sorry if I misspell the words. trying to understand everything you'll post on this website. Feel free by mailing in french ! ::)
Charlotte

Pat

Hello Charlotte and a big welcome from Michigan!  It does take a while to figure out how everything works around here so don't be shy about asking questions.

When you are logged into FORUM HOME you will be able to see some "click on" buttons near the upper left side of your screen -Photoshelter click and pick, Upload to Photoshelter, Navigating OPR, and Techniques Handbook that when clicked on will give you a lot of helpful information. 

Pat

Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Mike S.

Another warm welcome from Michigan Charlotte,

I would also like to welcome Alex.  Glad to see we are getting several new volunteers.

Mike
Mike S.

Mhayes

Bonjour Charlotte, a warm welcome from Kansas. It always makes for more fun when we have volunteers from all over the world. We are lucky within are inner team to have German, The Netherlands, and Australia represented. Also, some patience needed when waiting for a photo because of difference in time zones. Great to have you on the Forum and don't hesitate to ask questions here.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

dougmain

Hi
new addition to this site from sunny Scotland - hopefully i'll be able to rescue a few treasured pictures and maybe raise a smile to someone caught up in a natural disaster

Doug

Mhayes

Hi Doug, welcome to OPR from Kansas. Look forward to seeing more of you on the Forum and this is a great place to post you work in progress. Remember to first post the original and then your work.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

coloramisu

Thanks for the warm welcome.
As a newbie, maybe I post in the wrong place, so I apologise for that.

So I restored my first picture. I uploaded on the photoshelter.

I have some questions:

1° I saw 3 galleries. Are all the pictures waiting for restorations there ?

2° How often do you post photos on the shelter?

3° I downloaded the photoshelter application on my mac. I downloaded my first picture with it. Is it normal that I still see the photo I downloaded onto the gallery ?

5° When I got the email telling me I can download my picture, I saw photos in the gallery that I haven't seen the day before. And today they have disappeared again. Are they pictures that volunteers asked for restoring at the same time as I did ?

6° Now do I need to wait the  response of  the gallery's owner to know if I have to make others restorations on the picture or if it is OK ?

5° When can I ask for another picture to restore ?

Thank a lot.
Charlotte

Pat

Hi Charlotte,

The photos you see in the three galleries are available for requests from volunteers who want to restore them.

New photos are added to the galleries as the galleries become depleted.  The photos are added as groups of about twenty photos at a time –the number of photos generally brought into a copy run by each family.  All the photos for a family are added at the same time.  This is the best way to keep a mix of hard and easy photos in the galleries and also all the finished photos for a family can be sent home together.

Photos are removed from the galleries as they are downloaded by the volunteers restoring them.  If you requested a photo and it disappears from the gallery but you didn't get an okay to download it that is because someone else requested it before you did.

Once you have finished restoring a photo and have uploaded back to the gallery distributor you will get and email letting you know if additional work or changes need to be made.  Be patient this may take a day or two.  Once you get the email approving your restore you can then ask for another photo to restore.

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

CSI1158

Hi everyone, I'm Jim and a newbie to OPR.   I'm hoping I can contribute to this worthwhile cause.  I'm up for a challenge and I'm up for learning a few things on the way.   Happy holidays everyone! 

Mhayes

Hi Jim, welcome to OPR from Kansas. I think you will find this very rewarding. Happy Holidays to you too!

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Mike S.

A warm welcome from Michigan Jim,

Happy Holidays!

Mike S.
Mike S.

Pat

Another warm welcome aboard from Michigan!  The forum is a great learning environment where we all love sharing tips and with Photoshop it seems there is always something new to learn. 

Looking forward to working with you.

Pat

Pat

Tori803

Welcome Jim, from Minnesota! This winter weather is a good excuse to stay inside and work on photos  ^-^
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Bambi

:cool: A warm welcome to Alex, Charlotte and Jim from sunny Las Vegas! I learned everything I know about photo restoration from my friends on Forum, so it's good to see all of you posting right away. Please share your works in progress on Forum, too. Look forward to working with you.

Bambi