• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Christian_21_14 Review

Started by Rbm, April 02, 2013, 04:16:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rbm

Greetings,

What else can I do to this one?

I'm not happy with the groom's down-looking face.  What I would like to do is replace his down-looking head with a forward-looking head from one of the other wedding photos.  Can I get the OK to do that?  Or maybe I could do a version like that and display it here for review.

Thanks,
Richard

Katreester

I kind of like the way he's admiring the little girl...his daughter maybe or his sister.  You never know, it could be meaningful to them. 

By the way, I think your restore looks really good.

G3User

Hi Richard, nice restore.

He looks better if you increase the contrast of his face and that also gives the appearance of more detail. Tried a masked layers adjustment with black at 80 and white at 235 which matches the brides face better.

Only minor pick is that the brides left iris looks a bit dark

Athol

Bambi

Great job on a difficult restore. The people on the far right look a little too smooth and flat. Need some texture and shading. The couple and the flower girl look a bit lighter than the rest of the picture.

Bambi

Rbm

Greetings,

Here is an updated version.  I think I added all the suggestions.  Is this "more-better"?

What else can I add or correct?

Thanks,
Richard

Bambi

Much better! Especially the people on the right. Although my eye still goes to the fur collar on the woman's coat. The flower girl's basket wasn't easy to find in the original. Great job pulling it out. But it looks a little darker than the rest of the whites. Are those dark spots flowers or damage?

Bambi

Rbm

Greetings,

What little detail I got for the little girls basket came from the blue channel.  I assumed there were flowers in the basket so I was looking hard for anything that looked like flowers or a bouquet.  The dark spots were a part of that area in the blue channel.  I was thinking they were flowers or leaves and I "burned" those areas a little on the version you see here.

I understand what you mean about the fur collar.  I tried a couple of things to make it less noticeable.  I didn't like any of those things.  I will try again tomorrow morning.

I have lightened the basket and I will do something with that fur collar and submit another version tomorrow.

Thanks,
Richard

Rbm

Greetings,

Here is a new version with a lighter colored basket and a more subdued fur collar.

Thanks,
Richard