• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What else do I need to do to this....

Started by tflyin2, February 23, 2013, 06:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tflyin2

Hey guys, this one seemed rather easy.  So I would appreciate it if you could take a look and see if anything else needs to be done to it....

Here are the before and after images....

seekingoz

I can only see two spots that I have questions about...the older woman at the center of the photo seems to have a damaged spot in her hair and the woman in the bottom row next to the little girl seems to have some sort of stain across her blouse and neck.

I also have a question about returning the sepia tone to the repaired photo...I did it for my last image. Is it required or optional?

Judy

Tori803

I think it's better to do a black and white as the main restoration. If you feel you must colorize, then submit both photos when uploading them.

The reason black and white is better is that there might be more than one photo for a family with sepia toning. It would be better for Quality Control to do the colorizing at one time with the whole batch.
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Hannie

Lovely restore Judy!
The 3 ladies in in the middle are still a little faded, perhaps you could move the gamma slider a little to the right, hide all layer mask and then paint over those areas some.  (or use a radial gradient).

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

seekingoz

Thanks Hannie, but the compliment doesn't belong to me, it belongs to tflyin2.  ;)

Judy