• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Am I missing a step?

Started by dyocum555, January 17, 2013, 03:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dyocum555

Hello,

I click on the link to Photoshelter, sign in, choose a gallery, choose an image, leave a comment at the bottom of the image, and then the image is gone that day or the next.  The only comment I can see when I check the image again later is the one I left.  That comment doesn't have any identifier as to who left it.

I'm anxious to get started so, am I missing a step or is there a setting that needs to be changed in my account?  I want to make sure my requests for images are being seen.

TIA, David
Really...that's what you're going with?

Canon 7D, Photoshop CS6, Topaz Labs, On One,  NAPP Member, Intuos5

Hannie

Hi David,

No, you're not missing any steps!
When you view your comment that you left on any photo in a gallery, you cannot see the comments left by other volunteers.  The distributor can see all the comments and also the volunteer's name that left the comment. 
What could have happened is that another volunteer left a comment before you did, then the photo goes to that volunteer.

Sometimes when a restore is too difficult to finish for a volunteer the photo is returned to the gallery.  If you had left any comments earlier, you will still see those comments when you click on that photo.  It is best to leave a new comment so the distributor knows that you still would like to work that same photo.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

dyocum555

Cool, Thanks Hannie!  I thought maybe I was having a brain-fart and screwing something up. :)

David
Really...that's what you're going with?

Canon 7D, Photoshop CS6, Topaz Labs, On One,  NAPP Member, Intuos5