• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Before I start

Started by Niksmum, January 01, 2013, 08:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niksmum

I have done a curves and levels adjustment on this one but I cannot make out what color the boys outfit is...grey or beige  ::)
Would appreciate some advise

Niksmum

bjtx

This is the color that I came up with.  I'm not sure how accurate it is.  However, this is how I arrived at the results.
After auto color, I lowered magenta in the neutrals of photoshop's Selective Color adjustment.  Next, I lowered yellow in a Hue & Saturation adjustment.  The lips still retained magenta, so I painted a skin color over them in color mode.  Last, I used auto color again.  The skin seems a little washed out & could benefit from a vibrance or saturation boost.
fwiw: the patch tool was used to remove some of the blue writing.The hair & other changes are just blocked in trials.
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

Niksmum

Thanks a lot.  That is very close to what I have ended up with, but I can still see (i think) a redness in mine.

Yours is much better  :up:

Irene

bjtx

Irene, If you feel there is residual red, etc in the gray suit, you might try painting gray (in color mode) over it to see if that helps.
[thanks for your kind comment]
Betty
(aka - Betty )  CS6, PS CC,  Win 8.1; 175+ restorations so far & hope to do more :) 
Favorite site http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.com/daily-dozen/

Bambi

You might want to ask the distributor if you can work on this as a black and white since so much of the color information is lost.

Bambi

Mhayes

I am going to send an email or call the owner on this one. I agree that a B/W could be done and then maybe colorize. I must be the odd duck out as I did not get the same colors, but then I went after finding neutral gray and then using the other droppers in a Curves Adjustment. Not the best, but it made the boy's suit almost a berry color. I do not envy you with pattern of the paper.

Great start.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Hannie

Margie, I did not get gray for the suit either but more a pinkish/reddish grey.
If I picked the neutral in areas on the suit I found that the boy's lips were turning too dark, a cyan like color.
I gave up trying to color correct this one...  :D

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Niksmum

The pinkish, grey, or beige look was the color I kept getting,  :D
Shall I hold off until the owners get back to you ?

Niksmum

Mhayes

I would go with what you are getting as that photo is so old it might be hard remembering, although she probably would after seeing it.

Thanks and have fun!  ;)

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]