• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Finishing touches

Started by Atlantis, January 09, 2013, 06:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

Almost there but some things still bother me. Despite carefull patching I do have some unwanted textures that look like clonemarks. I reached the stage where trying to fix those only seem to make them look worse.

The only way to get better is to figure out what I did wrong.

Hannie

Great clean up Atlantis on this difficult restore Atlantis!
I wonder if the spots in the background could branches with white blossoms?
A possibility to smooth out the "cloning" marks is to use a smoothing filter over the area of the boy's shirt.

One thing that jumped out at me was the position of the boys eye, I believe it to be positioned a little lower?

:up2:

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

kiska

A toughie for sure. First, I think it would be ok to crop somewhat. I'm just guessing at the dimensions here.
Second, the pic needs more contrast.

kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Bambi

There were four pictures for this family. they are all studio photographs with backdrop only. No branches or props like some studio portraits.

Bambi

DCDOC

I'm a newbie, so no status for a critique.  Just a couple of questions:
1. Ears.  The left ear seems visible in the original but has disappeared in the final.  On the right ear, there is a semicircle that has been included as part of the right ear.  I think this may be an artifact and not part of his right ear. 
2. Background.  This is a studio shot, so, as someone suggested, the background is probably floral wallpaper--not real branches, etc.  Might be possible to mask the kid and develop the wallpaper as a separate layer.  This would be a lot of work and maybe poor return on investment.