• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Old bear, new cave

Started by Closecrop, November 29, 2012, 08:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Closecrop

OK, so not that old.  I'm only 47.
I've been working in Photoshop since my college days when they brought it into the curriculum as PS 2.0 in 1991.

I've been a lone Photo contractor since '96. Let me say how nice it feels to come out of that cave and be among like minded people doing important work.

PS 7.0 is what I work in. It's an old 'hammer' that I trust.  I'm looking forward to talking with people who work in newer versions and hearing about their experiences.
Ne Obliviscaris

Tori803

Welcome Closecrop! Many of our volunteers are using older versions of Photoshop, but I have to say I like the Content-Aware Fill they introduced with CS5. Especially when patching a patterned area like a flannel shirt. I'm sure you'll enjoy getting to know the volunteers through the Forum. Happy restoring!

Tori
Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Closecrop, Welcome to OPR! I started with PS 7 and now am on CS5 and agree with Tori about some of the useful tools in that version. I haven't upgraded to CS6 as I feel comfortable with what I have and I think that is what is the most important---the software tool that suits you.

Glad to have you out of the cave, but not sure how to characterize what you dropped into? The Monkey House? You will find this a fun place and know you will enjoy sharing tips.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

Closecrop

Ne Obliviscaris

Bambi

:cool: Welcome from Las Vegas. I started on PS 4 and now use CS6.

Bambi

Hannie

Welcome to the forum Closecrop!
I would not want to miss the Conent-Aware-Fill Healing brush any more.  Used it a lot and it really cuts the time I spend on a restore.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

jesterjeni

welcome!
I use cs5 and arsenal of other usefull tools that i have picked up throughout the years, i agree it is whatever you are comfortable with.
its a combination of art talent and skill.....oh yea and software LoL..

Closecrop

Thanks for the input. I've tried to tell myself I didn't need a better software but it sounds like I could save myself restore time with some of the new tools.
(After the learning curve that is.)
Ne Obliviscaris