• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Looking forward to restoring memories from the Charmed South

Started by Hcortright, December 04, 2012, 03:19:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hcortright

As a photojournalist, I go where the work is, so I bee-bop around a lot, but mostly I hub around military posts and Army towns.  I'm excited to invest some time in improving my photoshop skills, my eye for detail, and help people all at the same time.  What could be better than that? :)

Pat

A warm welcome from Michigan!  I think you may enjoy reading a post by Tori last month explaining how OPR was founded in 2006 by two photojournalists.

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3952.msg35177.html#msg35177

Pat
Pat

"Take a deep breath and think of the three things you are grateful for, right in this moment."  -MJ Ryan Author

Tori803

Tori
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence." -Calvin Coolidge

Mhayes

Hi HCORTRIGHT, welcome to OPR from Kansas. The great thing about what Dave Ellis and Becky Sell did in the beginning was realizing that photos that they were seeing being thrown away were ones that could be restored. They asked their boss at the newspaper if they could use their vacation time and go back and help and The Free Lance Starin Fredericksburg, VA instead sent them back on a paid assignment. Their first copy run for the two of them was in Pass Christian, MI and they weren't sure anyone would come. They did and now 11 copy runs later here we are. How ironic Hurricane Sandy should hit on the very same day as Hurricane Katrina did back then.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]