• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Leah M - Take Two

Started by Leah M, November 06, 2006, 04:20:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leah M

Hi folks :)

I'm having something of a visual concept problem .. and it's all over a chair - or not.

Original - http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/leanansi/Haydel_9_7_4x6.jpg

When I first looked at the photo, it seemed like Dad and bubs having a snooze on the couch .. a couch with maybe a fun fur type of fabric in animal pattern.  Then I saw the curtain in the top right corner .. very clear which totally blows away the couch theory.  There are two arched lines which seem to me to be the beginning of the shape of a chair and from there .. thoughts start to wander.

Often as I work, I create a blank layer used for sketching ideas, lines and it acts like an acetate sheet guide .. so the second pic shows in red, where I think baby's arm is extended, and in black, possible chair shape.  I have also duped the lower arc shape and flipped it to try and get an idea.

If it is a chair, maybe with wings to the side and a piece behind the back to strengthen it, how do the dark splotches fit in? (My original animal fur fabric splotches!)

WIP - http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g131/leanansi/Haydel_9_7_4x6-stage01-quer.jpg

Does anyone have any other ideas of where these shapes are leading?

Leah M :)

kiska

Leah, it looks to me they are in the corner of a sofa or slouched in a chair, either of which could be draped with an afghan. Don't think they would lean against a curtain.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

glennab

Leah, for what it's worth, they appear to me to be reclining on a fur-fabric covered couch with pillow backs.  The black lines look like cording to me, which could define the arm of the couch.  The rest looks more like a pillow to me than a true couch back.  Hope that helps.

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Leah M

Thanks for the input :)

All done and dusted now.

Leah M