• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Beyond repair?

Started by GP, October 30, 2006, 12:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GP

Hi all  :)

my latest picture fits the other posts over the lat couple of days: should you even try??? I was ready to throw in the towel and send this one back. But you all know how that goes.... you just have to try something. 8)
Here is what I mean:

I hope OPRmanagement will speak up and let me know if I should rather have someone other let have a try on this.
PS CS5, PSE9, XP, Windows 7 -64bit

Ratz

GP, great job...just shows you have to take one more look!!!! :up:

OPRAng

This is a lovely restoration. Dave and I both think so. You have done a fantastic job, you titled this post "beyond repair". You repaired this photo. It won't continue to mold and be destroyed and it is better than what they had--so No it is not "beyond repair". You did a great job!

Thank you!

Angela

Angela Ellis
Treasurer
Operation Photo Rescue, Inc.
[email protected]
[email protected]

GP

Thank you so much for your kind words  Ratz, Angela (and Dave). ^-^
I chose this headline ( Beyond reapair?) because this picture was the hardest I have done so far. It is always a very difficult decision how much can you do in a case like that, there is almost no detail left in the woman's face, you can't tell if what you are seeing is part of her features or is it just damage.

I started several times over, because her face looked everytime different. In the end I had to just leave it alone and remove only the most obvious spots. The poor baby has no body, fortunately his face was still in good condition after I did some levels adjustments. The funny thing is I did not see the baby until I got the high res. version of the picture.

My main concern in this case is, that there might be someone  out there with more skills than I have with Photoshop and could do more to rescue the photo. So please if you think you could help this photo better... let my know!

Gerlinde  8)

GP

OK, this is the latest and final version of this picture.I think her dress looks better now.

glennab

Gerlinde -- Awesome job.  You did the "impossible!"

GG
What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal. ~Albert Pine

(Photoshop CS5 /Mac Pro)

Ratz

Gerlinde...outstanding job, congratulations :up2:
kind regards,Vicki

klassylady25

;)  My hats off to you!!   

Hugz
C