• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

A bit stuck, Looking for some advice

Started by Disorientedart, November 29, 2012, 01:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Disorientedart

Hello Everyone,

I recently just started helping out with the repair of these damaged photos. I'm really excited to be participating in something like this.

Sadly, this is just my second image and I have hit a decent sized road block. I can't seem to figure out a good plan of action for the left side of the image and the gentleman's face in the center.

Any helpful information would be greatly appreciated.

Before

Current

Hannie

Hi Disorientedart,

Great repairs you have done already, perhaps the blue channel will give you a few more details on the missing parts?

You are very brave to take on this project!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Kstohl

Hey Disorientedart,

Looking at the man's face specifically, you may have to be a little creative and create the missing eyes and upper head from scratch. Unfortunately, this can be tricky. I've used other photo references in the past to get some general repairs, but eyes and faces can be very difficult. Given what you have completed so far, I think you can do it but it will take some time.

As for the person to the left of him, perhaps you can use the clean shoulder to mimic the jacket look for the other arm and blend his hair into the darker background.

Good luck!

Kevin

Bambi

I looked back through the Miller photos and found a group picture that may be good reference for this face. Sometimes that can be a big help. Not sure which one is your man, though.

Bambi

jesterjeni

I know this post has came and gone a while ago... but since so many challenges have been on the table lately I thought i would post my pro gress on this guys face...?? I just used what was already there and some creative cloning,i noticed that the man is behind the table tho, not infront of it like the woman

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/hjufff2.jpg/][/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mhayes

Jesterjeni, I believe that this photo is now available in Bambi's gallery. I would suggest you ask for it and then you can post your progress. Otherwise another volunteer will be working on it. Go for it!

Margie

P.S. It is in Bambi's regular gallery, not the challenge one that is open to everyone.
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]