• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

Getting started from Missouri

Started by CMartin Photograph, November 27, 2012, 08:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMartin Photograph

Hello! I'm brand spankin new here and taking my first look around.

Years ago strangers came to my young families aid and helped us in our time of need. I've forgotten most of the things they gave us to help, but the love that they were given with will remain with me always. I promised myself then that I would pay that kindness forward one day so when I saw the chance to volunteer here, i jumped. It's so awesome to see that so many others did the same.
Today I'm honored to be a part of something like this, thank you for the invite.

I'm a self taught photographer from Missouri. I am always willing to learn from others as well. So glad to get started!
* Christy *

Mhayes

Hi CMartin, we are honored to have you as a volunteer. We were in Joplin, MO in 2011 to hep restore photos from the tornado that devastated such a large area of Joplin. Here is a link to run back then: http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3423.0.html

Hope to see more of you on the Forum and within the coming months we will be having photos from NY.

Thanks for volunteering.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

CMartin Photograph

Thank you Margie,
I'm in the St. Louis area, we had some damage during that storm season but it didn't compare to Joplin. I prayed a lot for those people in Joplin and wish I knew about this then so I could've helped. Our pictures are so precious to us all, I can't imagine the stories and tears you encountered during your copy runs.
I look forward to assisting and getting to know everyone here.

Christy
* Christy *

Hannie

Hi Cristy and a very warm welcome from Amsterdam!

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

CMartin Photograph

Thank you Hannie, The Netherlands are where some of my ancestors lived.
Thanks for the welcome.
* Christy *