• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

The squad

Started by smceachron, October 12, 2012, 10:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smceachron

There is a retouched photo. The lighting is tough.  Any suggestions? Hugs, Sandi
~ Sandi :)

Mhayes

Hi Sandi,

Before you post your restore, you need to post the original. I downloaded it from our gallery and unfortunately the lightening problem is something you have done. I took the original and did a Level Adjustment first by moving the slider in for each channel. Then I did a Curves Adjustment and hit auto. Even though this was a quick down and dirty; I had a blue sky and no blown out highlights like you have with the sky, men, tank, and runway. You did a good job of cleaning up all the spots, but your color correction is off and you need to start over.

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

smceachron

Hi Melinda, I went back to the levels layer and the curves layer and tweaked them.  I hope this is better.  ~ Sandi

Mhayes

Sandi,

This is better, but still has the highlights blown out and some damage still showing. Rather than combing the two photos you can list them separately and at the same size which will make downloading and viewing easier.

Thanks,

Margie
"carpe diem"

Margie Hayes
OPR President
[email protected]

smceachron

I'll revisit the blown out parts and find the missing areas and fix them. Thanks, Sandi

smceachron

Hope the lighting on the photo is better and the whites seem better and I found and fixed the little spots I missed.  Thanks, Sandi

schen

Sandi, I will definitely tone down the contrast so that the details in the shadow are visible.  For continuity, could you please append this post to the older thread of the same photo?

Shujen
Shujen Chen
Windows 10, Photoshop CS6

smceachron

Hi Schen,  I can tone down the contrast if you like.  That would be no problem.  I have no idea how to append this to the older thread.  I'd be happy to learn how and then append it.  Thank you, Sandi

kiska

Sandi, go to the older thread, click "Reply" and append.
kiska
Photoshop 2021, MacPro

Hannie

Topics have been merged.

Sandi, it is better to use the same topic when showing adjustments to your restore.
Like Kiska said already, just hit reply and post your new version of your WIP there.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

smceachron

Thanks Hannie,  Been up all night, so my brain wasn't working on all cylinders. Duh!  Sometimes I feel soooo dumb. ~ Sandi :-[