• Welcome to Operation Photo Rescue's Online Community.

What Else

Started by Justin J., September 12, 2012, 02:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin J.

I am not too happy with the blanket behind the baby on the left side of the picture. Any suggestions?

I also need to work on the damage to the left of the baby's right arm.

Thanks,
Justin
If you think you can or you think you can't, you are right either way.

100% of shots that are not taken will not go in. Give it a shot!

Bambi

Nice work so far. A good way to make the blanket all the same color, but keep the folds and texture, is to make a New Layer and set it to Color. Select a good color from an undamaged area. Select the blanket and fill with the selected color. Adjust the Opacity to match perfectly.

Bambi

Hannie

Hi Justin,

Great job you did so far!
There 2 things that jump out at me, first is the levels/curves need some adjustment and second is baby's nose.  I think it may be less narrow at the bridge?

Hannie

Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

Justin J.

If you think you can or you think you can't, you are right either way.

100% of shots that are not taken will not go in. Give it a shot!

Hannie

Much better Justin!
I can still see some color cast on the blanket, I wonder if you could try a Curves correction with the white dropper as explained in this tutorial:

http://www.operationphotorescue.org/forum/index.php/topic,3813.0.html

You could try various white spots like the baby's nappy or the blanket.  You can then also lower opacity if the Curves layer if the whites gets too blown out.

Hannie
Hannie Scheltema
Distribution Coordinator
[email protected]

lurch

Skin is way yellow overall, but nose is too red. Get the skin tones right and let the blanket fall where it will. A good starting point for skin tones is C10%, M30%, Y30% (M=Y for babies only, otherwise Y is greater than M), K0% - measured in the middle of the baby's forehead.
<C>